Horizon Zero Dawn - Postapocalyptic cavewoman vs Zoids

Yeah, I think this port was kind of a Sony Playstation proof of concept thing that they wanted to make sure they got right to see what the profitability/cost ratio was on doing this with other exclusive titles they have.

It’s a great port and one they’ve continually stayed on top of with a ton of patches to fix things. It’s solid.

I have put over 40 hours into this and I am really enjoying it. Kind of a mix of Fallout, Assasin’s Creed, Sniper Elite and Skyrim, with some Bioshock mixed in. It has some problems, the load time is the worst I have ever seen on a PC game and while I have read that it should get better it hasn’t really. My PC may be on the edge for this though as I had to DL a new graphics driver to play it as it is.

So after 119 hours I have finished the main story and I found the game to be a lot of fun. While the game has a few problems I think the main character being female was not one of them. I have never played a female protaganist in a story. Never been fem-Shephard. I don’t even do the Dark Souls thing of playing female. But the story in this case was designed around a female character and there was dialogue only a female character would use. The combat was different, although I never got really good at the melee controls. The final battle lasted about an hour, in phases, and thankfully I had found a set of armor that probably kept me alive during all that. No doubt OP but I was cool with that.

I would recommend this to anyone who likes open world games. The combat was much better than Skyrim and the options within that were varied. You could craft or buy what you needed and while it had quests there weren’t quests waiting at every corner, like some games.

In 23 days you did another 80 hours :)

I took a lot of days off work. :)

You need to save something for retirement! I suppose there’s the sequel :)

How was the already released DLC? I really enjoyed the main game, but felt like it was time for a break after 50 - 60 hours.

I had fun with it. Some really tough encounters and let you upgrade weapons a bit more.

I liked it but burned out before the end, on some multi-part boss fight.

Yeah I never got around to the dlc, you might ask is it possible to become tired of fighting robot dinosaurs? Yes , yes it is.

The icy north stuff? It’s high quality but it is the same game. I did it after everything else and didn’t have any problem with difficulty.

I will probably start Witcher 3 this week. That should keep me busy for awhile. Never played it.

I decided to take a break after the main game. I do know how to get into the DLC and figure to give it a go, probably as something to do between my next couple games.

I’m sometimes very late to the party due to backlog and finding time to squeeze in a game around my other things. But after seeing a reddit pic of someone playing this it clicked a flashback for me of Far Cry Primal so I looked it up. That lead to a purchase.

And here I am, enjoying the hell out of myself about 12 hours in. I hate I missed this from release.

I gotta say, this swayed me a bit, Scuzz. Because of YOU I pulled the trigger. So, if this goes sideways, you owe me like 500 metal pieces.

I hope you enjoy it. It gets better the longer you play it. :)

So far, loving the hell out of it. It keeps getting more opened up so far, I’m at the point of heading to Meridian now (I think,) but I’m loving the combination of stealth and assault skills Aloy has. The story isn’t too shabby either, I love the unique setting of it.

It is a very large world. It is a good story as well.

This game came up in the Cyberpunk thread, and led me to this question:

Does anyone have any tips for the part (I’m guessing still relatively early in the plot) where Aloy goes back to what passes for society and then has to prove herself in a contest of some kind? Last I played I was at the part where she and her fellow contestants are in the middle of that and suddenly they’re attacked by some other tribe or something (either that or some clique led by an “Iceman from Top Gun” type). I tried it a couple of times and it seemed like there was a difficulty spike there, because I kept getting wrecked. Any tips or ways to cheese that?