Horizon: Zero Dawn - Spoilers in your face

Seems almost like a Fallout 3 type story… search to find your parent, learn about what happened to the earth, etc. But then this notion of some group of baddies who are “corrupting” the robots and making them into aggressive death machines.

The overall game world actually seems akin to an elder scrolls type world? At first, you get the impression that it’s all about cave people and shit? But you quickly encounter other groups, and it seems (I can’t totally confirm this yes) that it’s really only YOUR group who are essentially naturalistic native american type society. There are other realms which seem more industrialized (although all are still pretty primitive compared to modern times… but with little bits of salvaged tech sometimes). Like, some of the folks I’ve met thus far had stuff like forged steel weapons and armor and crap.

I’m eager to go out and see more of the world, to see what this stuff looks like. There’s talk of some big city somewhere, that I’ll eventually get to, and it sounds like it’s way different from the tiny villages I’ve encountered thus far.

I’ve also seen some ruins of contemporary times… and the first time you jack into a long-neck, it was pretty badass.