Horror movies

Post your favrite horror movies here

Evil dead

Army Of Darkness.

I know it is terribly B-grade but I am a big Bruce Campbell fan and Army Of Darkness has some great one-liners. I never fail to laugh when I view it.

“Klaatu Barrada n… Necktie… Nickel… It’s an “N” word, it’s definitely an “N” word!”

LOL!

The Exorcist

The Haunting(original) or Evil Dead 2

hard choice.

THE BEST HORROR FILM EVER:

John Carpenter’s The Thing

OTHER GREATS:

The Shining
Night of the Living Dead
Dawn of the Dead
Day of the Dead
Dead Ringers
Alien
Peter Jackson’s “Dead Alive”
Psycho
The Birds

GOOD:

Ringu
Prince of Darkness
Phantasm
Halloween
The Fog
Basket Case
Re-Animator
Village of the Damned
Quicksilver Highway
Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

Oh, shit! I forgot Rosemary’s Baby, which is awesome. And The Exorcist.

Jaws

I’ve been scared shitless of the ocean for 25 years and counting…

I guess I don’t really think of Jaws as a horror film. It’s just so outdoorsy and adventuresome. But I guess it qualifies objectively.

My favorite: Alien. In fact, once upon a time Alien was my favorite movie of all (when I was about 15).

But the scariest movie I’ve seen is the Shining. Those crazy twins. You’d have to pay me to watch that movie alone at night.

Oh, and how can I forget Psycho. 40 years on, the shower scene remains a watermark for brutal, assaulting cinema.

Yipes! I completely forgot Suspiria and Four Flies on Grey Velvet, among others, by the master of psychopathology, Dario Argento

Yeah, I debated for a moment whether it is or not, but I couldn’t think of a more appropriate category, except maybe “suspense”. But then I figured, what the hell, it certainly horrified me. It actually occurred to me after watching The Ring: that movie totally creeped me out while watching it, but the next day it just didn’t stay with me in any meaningful way. I still watch tv. Jaws, on the other hand, continues to scare me, years after seeing it.

The Exorcist is the same way; how the hell am I supposed to protect against demonic possession? It’s not like sharks, I can stay out of the ocean to avoid them. But demons? Man… they can get anyone, anywhere, anytime.

I know this is a cheesy, teen-slasher flick, but the original Nightmare on Elm Street scared the piss out of me.

Once we saw Freddy clearly and he stareted throwing out one liners it turned completely to shit, but that first one still sends a shiver up my spine.

Dawn of the Dead
The Blair Witch Project (a lot of people hated it but I’m an avid backpacker).

The Exorcist
The Changeling
The Shining
Let’s Scare Jessica to Death - I was only a kid when I saw this in the 70’s and although I don’t remember much about it, I [i]do /i] remember being scared shitless.

The Gate scared me when it first came out years and years ago, nothing since then.

I forgot about Let’s Scare Jessica to Death.

Good God, that was a creepy movie. Is it available on DVD?

Serious horror:

The Thing, Alien, Rosemary’s Baby, Omen.

Goofy horror:
Return of the Living Dead, Evil Dead II.

No Friday the 13th?

:(

DEMONS 1

DEMONS 2

LUTHER THE GEEK <-- A REAL GEM!