Hotline Miami

Anyone playing this? It’s pretty awesome!

Super-mega-violent, though.

It’s a twisted top-down stealth action game, in which you try to kill all the enemies in a level without dying yourself, which takes only one hit. The levels are floors of buildings, and it’s best to fight enemies one room at a time, as enemies won’t be aware of what happens in other rooms unless you fire a gun.

Lots of deaths and retrys, GREAT soundtrack.

Looks really cool, and you weren’t kidding about the soundtrack (at least from the GOG video preview). Are the levels procedurally generated or static?

Static levels, although the enemies are unpredictable enough it’s not simple pattern recognition, although that’s part of it, of course.

The soundtrack kept me playing way too late last night. I just couldn’t bear to interrupt the music.

Cool, feared it would all be about pattern memorization (not a huge fan of that type of gameplay). Will definitely check it out later, thanks!

RPS has a great write up on the game, also:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/10/23/hotline-miami-review/

The soundtrack is in the game folder in *.ogg format. ;)

Developer has also graciously uploaded to Soundcloud.

Nice! Give a listen to track 11, “Miami Disco.” Sweet stuff.

I love the song Miami from Jasper Byrne, but the whole OST as well as the game itself is effin good.

Do want!

Just watched the Quick Look on Giant bomb. This game looks awesome and that soundtrack is hot as hell.

The Giant Bomb Quick Look sold me on this as well.

So this is pretty fucking great so far.

Have a feeling GOTY lists are gonna have a fair share of pixel art sub 15 buck games from GOG on them this year.

The tracks are not numbered, nor is there one named Miami Disco in mine. What gives? :(

Checked it out after seeing this thread. It’s hard but easy to restart, like Trials HD or something. The music/look/feel are all pretty badass though.

Beat this yesterday.

Quite an experience. Not as disturbing as beautiful escape, but damn disturbing. Really hard, too, but fun all the way through.

New version out today, too. GOG users, grab your saves then put them in the new game folder if you decide to download the new version. Kept all my data. Should be 3 files.

Oh, and keep your eyes peeled for secrets, little purple squares with a white dot in the center.

Wow, amazing and crazy game . This is the kind of stuff Suda 51 wishes he could make. Or rather I wish he would make.

REALLY hard. Frustrating. But fun. :)

The developer stated he is working on a patch concerning Xbox 360 controller support and hinted about a possible editor and additional content / levels.

I loved Keyboard Drumset Fucking Werewolf. Not as a game. It was a shit game. But as an experience. It was like playing one of the coolest music videos I’ve ever watched. I think Tom wrote that it was like playing a Butthole Surfers’ song. Yeah. I think it’s a lot like that.

I haven’t played Hotline Miami yet, bought I bought it straight away. Need to support games like this. And if it’s like KDFW but fun to play too, it should be awesome.