House of a 1000 Corpses

Has anyone else had a chance to see this yet? I really would like to hear some other opinions on this very bizarre movie. I was lucky enough to see it last week and to be honest i can’t wait fora chance to se it again. I think this one is gonna attain cult status in a hurry. You’re either going to love it or hate it.

Wow. I had no Idea it’d finally been released! I’ve only been waiting what, like two and a half fucking years for this. Where’d you see it? Is it in theaters right now? Video?

Is this the Rob Zombie directed flick? I was not aware of its release yet either. Please tell us more.

House of 1000 Corpses

i don’t see it on the list of films at Houston’s art house movie theater.

[EDIT]
after seeing the trailer, it reminds me of that crappy Dee Snider flick. ugh.

official website
[/EDIT]

Looks stupid, but I’m pleased to see that all the serial killers are named after Groucho Marx protagonists.

Decent soundtrack though. :) The Dee Snider song on there sucked ass. He still has the Twisted Sister hair band voice. That does not play well nowadays if you ask me.

Dr. Crypt…negative comments about a flick? That’s nuts. I guess since three or four of us have at least heard of it, it is not obscure enough. :P

Sure, it looks stupid, but in a fun sort of way. Come on man Rob F’ing Zombie!!!The problem with the Dee Snider comparison is that Dee actually seemed like he was trying to make a good movie- that is, he took the whole production seriously. This looks campy and cheezy and quite, quite surreal.

This movie has had the worst problems getting distributed, though. I think I originally saw trailers for it when they re-released Exorcist a couple of years ago. :shock:

I think the actual release is in May? I was lucky enough to see it through a friend.

I’ve never seen the Dee Snider movie, but if you like stuff in the style of Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Evil Dead, ect. you’re probably gonna love this. Like I said I can’t wait to see it again.

It’s not going to win any awards, but if you like bizarre over-the-top horror, this will be up you alley. It really was kind of diturbing in a strange sort of way I can’t quite put my finger on. To be honest I really just enjoyed the hell out of it.