House of Cards (US version)

In other unsurprising news…

They should just kill the whole show off. But considering how loony the plot was becoming I guess just offing the central character suddenly would seem “normal”at this point.

Since the whole point of S5 seemed to be setting Claire up to be POTUS i’m not sure that wasn’t in the cards (pun intended) already.

Didn’t expect this.

I know Netflix was in a tough place as to what to do but I have zero interest to watch the last season. The series was gettzing long in the tooth and needed to end but trying to just ditch the main character sounds like a total mess.

6th and Final Season! Friday, Nov. 2.

I’ll watch it, but it’s truly time to strangle this dog and put it out of it’s misery.

I’ll probably, out of sheer curiosity, read a summary of how they’re going to explain the complete absence of Kevin Spacey’s character - but that’s pretty much it. I had phased out of the show after season 3 and never cared to return.

That music always reminds me how much I used to love this show in Season 1. It was so good, you guys!

But it just never felt like the kind of story that should just keep going on and on. Season 1 was almost perfectly paced for a complete story from beginning to end. And in the end, Frank Underwood won. Season 2 started, and he won some more. And then he tied up all loose ends, and won some more. By the end of Season 2, it really did feel like they’d taken a complete tale and tacked on an epilogue the size of the original story at the end of it.

But wait! There was more! I just couldn’t keep watching through Season 3. What season are we on now? And are they actually changing the story so that it feels like it’s a sequel to the original tale that was told in Season 1? Or are we still tacking on further epilogues?

I grinded the last couple of seasons because well at was still well made with good actors even if the story was being dragged out for no good reason. Have no interest in seeing what looks like a haphazard mess to try and offer some sort of “ending”. Netflix should have just canceled it after the Space mess.

S6 is up. I know I’ll hate myself but I feel compelled to watch it.

I completely let season 5 pass by and never pulled it out of my back log, and now I’m not really interested in it (to be honest season 4 wasn’t super entertaining either, though I don’t recall why I think that). Could someone spoil me on the only thing I’m really curious about - how did they write Kevin Spacey’s character out of the show and set up his wife as the main character?

I haven’t seen it yet! But in the past seasons it seems like it was already going that way… The Pres had a heart condition, almost dies, she was pulling more and more strings, getting used to power… Not sure how they’ll do it but she is perfectly poised to step into the hot seat as it is, with her as Vice Pres on the ticket.

/spoiler for The Ozarks

Funnily enough, just finished watching The Ozarks, and at the end of season 2 there’s a very similar dynamic happening with Marty’s wife.

Didn’t Season 5 end with Calre as POTUS?

In the trailer for 6 released a couple of month’s ago she visits Spacey’s grave but I don’t know the details.

Guess this is spoilers so. Yes Claire is President at the end of S5. Frank resigns to try and head off skeletons coming out. The setup felt like a “War of th Roses” between the two for the final. Then the shit happens with Spacey and they have to redo the season. He’s apparently killed offscreen somehow and it’s about Claire trying to hold on to power…I guess. Don’t have much interest in this last season either.

The word was the creator wanted four seasons. At 13 episodes a season, that meant 52, the same number as a deck of cards.

If they had done that, they wouldn’t have to end on such a whimper as this.

Is that what the original series did?

No, it was British, so they did four episodes and called it a season (or “series”). And they did two further “series”, so 12 episodes total.