House of the Dragon (HBO)

A big reason is Season 2 is going to have a lot of battles, I believe. It’s very production intensive.

I don’t think Zaslav thinks about HBO that way.

Of course, as a Brit, 2 years between seasons doesn’t seem particularly long to me anyway.

— Alan

Nothing wrong with that trailer but as I watched it I started wondering if anyone cares about these characters any more. Game of Thrones feels like decades ago (I just looked and the first episode aired April 2011 so it was over a decade ago!).

I watched the first season but that trailer made me wonder the same thing! Do I care about this story anymore?

The characters are all different from game of thrones?

I really enjoyed S1 of HotD, much more than I was expecting. Looking forward to season 2 and I do still care about the story!

Yeah you’re realizing that none of the characters in this show are in Game of Thrones, right?

The more appropriate question would be if anyone cared about this world anymore. And considering how well the first season did–in its quality and continuity of worldbuilding–I’d say the answer is definitely yes.

— Alan

You guys are nuts. People said basically the same thing pre-season 1 and that blew out the ratings. I predict (pretty safely) that this too will be a ratings monster.

I actually read the book this last spring and it was pretty engrossing. I’m really looking forward to the next season.

I’ve read Fire & Blood 3x now, love it, so can’t wait for S2. I’d love a Dunk & Egg series even more, but I’ll take what I can get.

Can’t wait for this, season 1 was surprisingly great to me. Almost felt like early GoT!

I will needed a good youtube recap of the first season!

I may just rewatch S1. I did enjoy it.

I recall liking it, but I also recall getting bogged down near the end of the season and eventually being unable to figure out who was who (didn’t they skip forward quite a bit and age the kids a lot? I think it was then). If I watched it again, I’d need some sort of pictorial guide to who’s who so I can keep them all straight.

Yes they did, and I agree. That’s part of the reason I think it might be useful to do a rewatch, as well. I liked it, but I don’t remember it that well. It did get a bit confusing there at the end.

I think that looks pretty great. Definitely need to rewatch season 1 first, though…it’s fuzzy.