House V

Maybe it’s a bit early, but the last thread ended like 3 months ago and I don’t think I should necro it.

Anyone here seen the ads for the new season coming out? Any thoughts?

I’m a huge fan of house, it’s the only show I actually buy the DVDs for. The medical aspect gets a little outlandish at times, but as long as Hugh Laurie keeps cracking wise and messing with Wilson on the side I’ll keep coming back.

A sequel? FINALLY! I’VE BEEN WAITING 16 YEARS!

Felicia Day, episode 2. That’s all I have to contribute.

I still need to watch season 4, but I’ve been going through season 2 again—it’s the only one I’ve gotten around to picking up on DVD. I think I’ve got my roommate hooked too. So yeah, I’m always excited for more House.

Oh wow.

I started watching last season, and got lured into watching because of the way House was picking his new staff. I liked the show, but didn’t love it.

And then the two-part season-ender changed all that. That has to be one of the finest things shown on television. I borrowed the DVDs for the first three seasons and started watching it in order, and I wasn’t disappointed.

Highest Point: The Penultimate Season 1 episode “Three Stories” guest starring Carmen Electra. This one was almost as good as the penultimate episode of Season IV.

Lowest Point: I absolutely hated the actress who played House’s former love interest (Cela Ward). Her face full of Botox obviously doesn’t have much room to show emotion, so I can’t really blame her for not being too expressive. But I can blame someone for hiring her in the first place. What were they thinking?

I finally caught up last week, and finally found out WHY House IV started with House not having a staff. I have to say, it was kind of anti-climatic. In Season IV, you don’t get exposed to House’s original staff much, but the brief glimpses I saw led me to believe that Chase would be my least favorite. But he turned out to be my favorite. It’s a shame that throughout most of Season 2 and 3, there were hardly any Chase-centric episodes. After Chase got sued for letting that woman die because he was distracted when he found out his father died, the writers seem to have written him off, not writing any more episodes for him. Which is a damn shame.

I was also surprised to find that by the end of Season 2 I really liked Foreman and Cameron too. Especially their dynamic, and their eventual friendship.

I still like the new Staff better, but I do hope we get to see more Chase in Season V.

Agreed. “Three Stories” is still one of my favorite episodes they’ve done. I’m surprised they have not done something similar to it, with him teaching a class again. Flashbacks to his work before Plainsboro Hospital.

Sela Ward and that whole arc were pretty bad, as well as the asshole cop put House in jail arc which didn’t click for me as much either.

FYI, the actors playing Chase and Cameron were engaged to be married by the end of season 1. However, by season 3 it was broken off, and from what I’ve read it was sort of ugly, which sorta explains why the characters barely interact now, though I figured that professionals would be professional about it.

I never really keep up with what actors are doing in their personal lives, but that does help explain why Chase and Cameron are suddenly apart again after the incredibly cheesy reunion at the end of season 3.

Yup, that’s about the same boat I’m in. Oh, and 13…ah…sweet, sweet 13…I just hope we have more clinic visits this year. Those were always my favorite.

Been waiting 24 years, myself.

Felicia Day… Does she play the love interest in Dr. Horrible?

That’s her!

Man, that’s the undisputed low point of the series for me. Just abysmal, and they spent what felt like half of each episode on it. The arcs with Sela Ward and Chi McBride were bad too, but nothing is as bad as that one.

I quite liked them. They helped break up the show’s basically very, very repetitive premise. Except the ex-wife one. That was rubbish.

That’s what I thought when I clicked this thread. :(

Bump. Just starting on the West Coast!

alright, does anyone else’s DVR cut off the last few seconds or minute of programs?

What did Wilson say right at the end? PM me if you don’t want to spoiler it, but my gf and I dvr’d it earlier and just watched it only to be screwed out of the climax between HOuse and Wilson. I hate comcast.

You missed quite a bit.

ENDING FAR BELOW

“If I’ve learned anything from Amber, it’s that I have to take care of myself. We’re not friends anymore, House. I’m not sure we ever were.”

Felicia Day next week!!!

My DVR cut off to, so glad I’m not alone in that. AMAZING episode, totally, totally loved it.