House V

One of the things that bothered me about Kutner’s sudden departure is that they never explored his character. Taub, we learn about his womanizing and financial problems and 13, we find out she has Huntington’s disease and how she deals with it. They never gave his character much substance.

About Taub, now that his wife knows his secret, why doesn’t he just move to another city and resume a more lucrative career as a plastic surgeon.

My Condoleances.

[CENTER]Lawrence Kutner
1975-2009[/CENTER]

That’s pretty good and sad, except for this part:

A private Hindu celebration of his life was held yesterday.

Pretty sure Kutner was Jewish.

His adoptive parents were Jewish, that doesn’t mean he gave up Hinduism - well, unless he mentioned doing so that I don’t recall.

Meh, that was just plain cheap.

His name is Lawrence. Do adopted kids usually change their first names if they’re old enough to have picked a religion?

I thought that was odd as well. Adopted kids tend to adopt religion as well. The most reasonable explenation is that he sought out Hinduism as an adult to connect with his heritage.

He only ever talks about changing his surname - when it’s pointed out that Kutner isn’t an Indian name. It was four years before he got adopted (parents died when he was 6, adopted at 10) during which time we don’t really know where he was but care is a pretty good guess. I’d be pretty surprised if his adoptive parents changed his first name and that the care home stopped him from continuing to follow any existing belief systems.

Of course, as Kalle said, it might have been something he did as an adult to connect with his real parents / heritage.

I wish I could have avoided looking at the msn.com homepage. It was plastered as one of the headlines. F!@#$ing spoiling mother!@#$ers.

I heard it on the extra content from the Season 4 DVD. A true fan would own the DVDs and have watched them and know that I wasn’t making shit up or quoting from random interviews. He may have been joking, but it was right there on the DVD.

As for Foreman not dying: Yes I knew Foreman wasn’t going to die. It was better explained in the post directly after yours why killing a main character is so surprising, and I will leave it at that.

Robert Sean Leonard is remarkably truthful when he talks about things like this–in one lecture series with the entire cast and crew (several years ago) he basically derided Hollywood for being continually idiotic and lambasted the other show he had auditioned for, besides House, which was Numbers.

Of course we all think these things, but to hear a somewhat established actor say that is quite different.

— Alan

The patient in this episode was Yvette in Clue. Daaaaaaaaaaaamn.

That’s…frightening.

Poor Yvette. I wish I’d look as good as I do now 24 years into the future.

Anyways, I’m tempted to post that stupid Vader ‘Nooooo’ pic after my nerdy bro got killed off, but I wont. Needless to say, the principal actors ( besides Laurie of course ) better up the interesting after this episode. Kutner made me glad Cameron and that Aussie guy were replaced, he brought some ‘fun’ back into the show. Besides House and possibly 13, I’m just not that interested in the rest of the cast anymore.

That ‘Cameron is in love’ preview they showed doesn’t exactly inspire confidence.

This episode was so bad that I wanted to kill myself.

I guess they must have figured the ending montage wasn’t bad enough on its own.

The actress who plays Cameron did an amazing job last night. I didn’t know she had it in her.

She was fun in Big Stan. I wonder if I should be admitting I watched that…

So Head Amber was implanted by the Cylons into House’s brain so he could find a cure for Cylon infertility, or in order to make sure Adama’s greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat -grandfather would live to have kids?