House V

Hold that thought.

I do like that House is secretly a homicidal madman now. That’s kind of cool.

Those were the worst fire effects I have seen since the end of The Host. Great episode though.

Agreed on both counts. Although I don’t know what “The Host” is. So I guess I’d amend it to say ‘those were the worst fire effect I have ever seen’.

Terrible fire effects, but an excellent pratfall on Hugh Laurie’s part.

The Host is a Korean monster movie that is mostly really good but drags in the middle. And then the CG fire effects happen at the end. You will never forget the CG fire.

The fire in The Host was far, far better than House’s.

Goddammit rasputin I remember that movie now. :(

I thought this episode was fun, if at the least for having fun with House’s internal dialogue. It’s fun in that we get to see it, but I’d agree that there better be some kinda rational explanation for it at the end.

2 more to go… Hopefully FOX doesn’t fuck around anymore and we can see them broadcasted in a reasonable time frame.

I knew she wasn’t going away once his vision turned black and white. His hallucination is just a symptom of something else. He’s now his own patient. The formula continues.

Great episode tonight with Laurie showing off his dramatic chops.

This week’s episode was better, and hopefully head-Amber is well and truely gone now (although how you kick a years-long addiction to vicodin in a single night is still somewhat of a mystery to me). The patient of the week was wild this week, and next week looks to be just as crazy. I have to wonder what the shocking revelation next week is though considering they’ve already done suicide in the last half dozen episodes. Could it be that House is really in a drug induced coma after putting himself in insulin shock, and he’s dreaming everything that’s happened since?

I should probably unsubscribe from that damn Ausiello feed at Entertainment Weekly because I deeply suspect I already know what the SHOCKING HORRIBLE TWIST was, just like I knew that the relationship of this week was coming about four months ago thanks to that bastard.

That said, the medicine this week was apparently atrocious. Polite Dissent never even got around to addressing the whole detox thing there were so many problems. I was kind of impressed to see that they got the general perception of going into insulin shock right (though I got tunnel vision in that my peripheral vision sort of went to dim and black), but unless he did an exceptional job of hitting a vein, that happened waaaay too fast.

Hmmm. It never occurred to me that all those scenes about House suffering were meant to portray only a single night. I thought each scene probably represented a day, i.e., first day House tells Cuddy where he’s hidden the pills, next day you see him suffering, next day he’s suffering some more, next day he’s hunched over the toilet, etc.

Sometimes it’s tough to tell the passage of time on this show. They sometimes don’t make it clear until they toss in a line about how it’s been a week or two since they started treating a certain patient, and then I think “Wait, a week or two has gone by already? So all those scenes were meant to be different days?” So yeah, I don’t know. I suppose you could be right about it being a single night, but I just didn’t see it that way.

So, of course, the question will be: how does the season finale get him back on drugs?

I love this show, but the idea of them really changing such a core element? Pretty much impossible, IMO.

I’m not so sure - if you remember all the scenes from before he got his leg chopped up, House has always been a Grade-A Asshat. I don’t think they’d have to change his personality to get him off the pills, and in order for the series to move toward a meaningful conclusion at some point in the future he’s going to have to either do that or kill himself.

Yeah, but his addiction/unreliability/defensiveness about it are just as important as his shitty attitude, and unless they mean to meaningfully conclude with him hooking up with Cuddy, dropping pills, and living happily ever asshole come next week, I don’t see why they need to do all of this so suddenly without some sort of massive, groan-inducing setback. . . especially since the show is okayed for a 6th season already.

If the writers want to wrap up the loose ends and give House some manner of closure when the show’s ratings drop and Fox decides not to pick it up for Season X, then so be it. . . but I feel that since they’re all systems go for at least another 24 eps, then all of these good things going on in House’s life will have to crash backward again. Semi-contentment isn’t exactly fertile grounds for his character to continue recognizably. And that kind of happiness/sadness bait-and-switch at the end of the season is, IMO, a dick move on the writers’ part. But YMMV.

I agree. Something’s going to go wrong again real soon and that’s kind of lame. Anyway, the hooking up would have been plausible if House hadn’t insulted Cuddy’s kid that same episode.

I can’t remember what season it was, but remember after House got his leg-pain fixed and he turned all Happy-House ( including turning into a douchey jogger )? And remember how lame that was?

I don’t think we’re going there, but come on, House has to be broken for the show to be interesting ( lord knows the rest of the cast failed here so far, in so far as the I word is concerned ).
IMHO, the Vicodin issue can’t and shouldn’t be the end of it. Here’s hoping the preview lives up to itself :)

Who says he kicked the addiction? It’s one thing to detox when you’re physically contained in a drug-free space, but not having the drug in your system anymore doesn’t mean you’re not still addicted.

He’s still a misanthropic cripple who is by far the most brilliant genius in his field. Sherlock Holmes also stopped using drugs after a while.

( lord knows the rest of the cast failed here so far, in so far as the I word is concerned ).

Not Kutner :(.