House V

Showcase is worse, let me tell you. They just fucking end before the episode is finished, and the next show starts. I was watching a re-run of House last night and it was the episode where Foreman returns, and I missed most of the conversation where House and Foreman talk and it looks they are going to start getting along/sort of become friends.

When do they normally put up the new episode of House on Hulu? I just checked and the newest one they have is the one 2 weeks ago.

What if you approach it as a mystery show, which is what it is?

Haha seriously? You actually find it suspenseful?

It’s technically a medical drama/mystery (drama according to Fox and Wikipedia, Drama/Mystery according to IMDB). Anyways, if you regard it as a mystery “which is what it is”, according to you and IMDB, then it is sort of weak, formulaic, and each individual episode has little staying power, or re-watchability, or whatever you want to call it.

What? Mystery isn’t the same thing as suspense. I’m kind of surprised you’re taking exception to this, because I thought it was pretty widely understood. But basically, it follows pretty typical mystery formulas, and almost every element that makes up medical dramas is absent.

Suspense is literally defined as “The state or quality of being undecided, uncertain, or doubtful.”

I didn’t mean the genre suspense, I meant the feeling of suspense. If a mystery wasn’t suspenseful, what the hell kind of mystery is that? Is it really a mystery if you aren’t uncertain of what will happen (which is sort of the case with House)?

Anyways, I haven’t seen any medical dramas at all, which is why I associate the word medical drama with House. If that’s wrong, then go ahead and substitute mystery or medical mystery or whatever into my previous post about approaching it as a comedy.

Speaking of drama, the quality of it has been lackluster in the last few episodes. I don’t mind the focus on 13 but the Cuddy stuff better have something more than weepy predictable-thons ahead. The end of the last episode just felt like a rabbit in the hat.

What use to be the side stories are now the main story and the medical mystery is now a side story.

Just at the first commercial break, but must remark that Cameron looks hella hot now. Wish they showed her more.

Wish granted (in this episode anyways).

Is House showing with black bars on all four sides on FoxHD for anyone else?

That happens when the HD feed takes a shit and they fall back to an analog version.

This episode was good.

But Cameron won’t be hot again until she gets rid of that washed-out strawberry-blonde color and becomes a brunette again.

Two medical mysteries for the price of one this week, excellent! I laughed out loud when Taub stole 13’s story to try and convince the kid to give up the parental info. The look 13 gave him was priceless, and man Olivia Wilde is super hot even when she’s pretending to be angry.

Next week is an extended (90 minute?) episode that looks pretty awesome.

That was the worst fucking stunt double I have ever seen. Not only was his bald cap not even close to skin tone, but it almost fell off when he hit the ground.

Still, Avon. Woo!

Wasn’t this episode advertised as extra long or something? I downloaded it, and it was only 5 minutes longer than usual. Does that mean TV viewers endured an extra 25 minutes of commercials? Ouch.

Not quite. My DVR recorded an extra 10 minutes. So with commercials, it was an hour and ten minutes, instead of an hour. So if only 5 of those 10 extra minutes were from the show itself, that’s still a pretty bad ratio.

I liked how the kid didn’t run when he had the chance. He should be the next new intern!

Yet another 13-centric episode, which is fine by me. I almost thought they might kill her off and have that guilt to put on House, but instead it looks like they just wanted to get her “right” again after making her into a self-destructive wreck who couldn’t possibly continue to practice medicine (only House gets that privillage).

Fuck me why did I have to work tuesday night :(

About the length, when you say it was an extra 10 minutes, does that mean the episode was about 52 minutes long instead of 42? (plus commercials)