House

A fine episode. I’m really glad this is going to a second season.

I definitely need to catch up on this when/if it hits DVD. I think I’ve only seen about four episodes, but I liked it more every time.

Easily the best episode of the season. Inside jab at the fact that the early episodes were run out of order, too.

Have been catching some old episodes, unfortunately currently the first five and the last seven or so after watching a re-run on TV and a recommendation from a friend. I have no idea why I wanted to avoid this show, it’s definitely one of my favorites - wonderfully acted, great dialogue, inspired situations (a little formulaic at times), and filled with talented production and know-how (Paul Attansio of Homicide AND Bryan Singer? Yikes) - oh yeah, and terrific casting. Singer apparently didn’t even know Hugh Laurie was English until he was told after Laurie’s audition. And Jennifer Morrison is quite good looking (Dr. Cameron).

Glad to see there’s another season, which I’m assuming Sela Ward is signing on either as a regular or part-timer. That should prove interesting.

— Alan

Yeah house is one of the best shows on TV.

I loved this episode, too (it gave me hope that they’d break out of the formula more often), but what was the jab? I must have missed it.

Before it gets heavy, House says something that’s questioned by one of the students. He realizes that the 3 cases he’s referring to happened at different times, says something witty about that, and then dismisses it all as unimportant for the audience to know or care about it.

Season One DVD hits end o’ the month!

Previews for Season Two now abound as well… bumpered against the new stupid FBI/rogue forensics lady show.

— Alan

BTW don’t get the House DVD set if you’re looking for an in-depth look at the medicine/science of diagnostics or case-by-case studies or anything, really. The extras are pretty much all fluff with no real substance.

— Alan

Hey, it’s called Bones, and it stars Emily Deschanel, who is part of the hottest sister act in Hollywood right now.

sigh… I called up my friend who is a screenwriter in LA (well, she’s more of a screenwriter than most everyone else in LA… she’s living off a screenwriting grant from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences), and she exasperatedly wondered why it is every geek in America is in love with Zooey Deschanel.

So far she’s not doing anything for me…

And Bones looks mostly retarded. Boreanz doesn’t seem to carry that well either - evidently he can’t play anything other than a born-again soul-filled vampire.

— Alan

Finally got my Season One DVD set from Amazon. Yowsa, they really skimped on this package. Only three double-sided discs (I hate double-sided discs, too… spend a little extra money for pete’s sake, god knows you’re going to roll in milliions in net profit off this series). Extras are skimpy.

Thank god I still have the DVD of the pilot that came in Entertainment Weekly last year. That has the full theme song of the pilot (before they got “Teardrop”, the main theme song used in the series).

Yeah, I was gonna buy the first season til I realized it was double sided. God, that’s cheap.

what the fuck they still make dvds like that?

Oh yeah I totally forgot to mention that, they’re double-sided on 3 discs total. Yes, very annoying. And stupid. And cheap.

— Alan

Season 2 has begun with a nice drop in of LL Cool J. Not a bad episode. Cameron’s new haircut was shot down by my wife.

It’ll be interesting to see where they head with his Ex, but I’m not holding my breath. Not really a fan of her anyways.

Cameron’s new hair seemed a bit weird - also lighter in color at the front. It’s okay, I like the old style better.

The part where he’s drinking with LL Cool J is the best.

— Alan

“I could’ve hit it.”

House’s reaction to the self-circumsized guy is classic in this week’s episode.

— Alan