How did Discord become the go-to service for gamers?

As much as I love Discord, you’re not alone.

Discord is great but, man… right tool for the right job, you know? It’s like back in the day replacing forums or usenet with IRC. I used both, but they were better for different things!

So say we all.

Dominions discords are no substitute for forums.

Can you control botnets with Discord?

I feel the same way.

Yes you can.
Using Discord infrastructure for malicious intent - Check Point Software

Discord has been down for about 5 minutes. Time to panic?

It’s been down very regularly for the past two months. Time to start spending on server upgrades that virtual money they didn’t take.

I can’t imagine that Ventrillo or TeamSpeak have any business left if Discord is offering the service for free, subsidized by VC (Viet Cong) money.

If that were really what it was, it would be, like, possibly the greatest thing ever.

I still use a mumble server regularly and I find the audio quality from it light-years ahead of the abysmal quality I got from Discord the couple times I used it for voice.

Add me to the list of the seriously disgruntled. I simply do not see the attraction.

Thanks to Command: Modern Operations I was looking at the F-16I, and I thought, wait, why is the spine on this thing so much thicker than what I’m used to thinking of as “an F-16”?

Of course I guessed “electronics,” but thanks to an 18-year old thread on airliners.net I now know it was a specifically Israeli-requested change to the airframe to accommodate avionics for use in deep strike missions, and also that the big swells to either side of it are removable conformal fuel tanks.

https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1014213

This is what Discord would rob us of!

Discord for me has been more of a replacement for IRC. Most discords are supplements to twitch chats. Havevseen subforum esque discords and the Talim one helped with my 2019 EVO run.

It amazes me both that Discord had 1000 employees and that 170 of them were able to be laid off.

You’d think they could have employed some of them to make the search function not shit.

At least they haven’t added too many shitty new ‘features’ the last year. Core product still works

Looking at you Google maps Google street view

I’m pretty sure Google’s primary problem is “well, we hired all of these UX designers so we need to have them doing something”. Hey guys, it’s not actually good UX to be constantly changing your UX. At least it seems like Microsoft is largely over that phase.