How do I turn off a samsung tablet

I made the title sound like I was really stupid and I might be, but I really need to know how to turn off a Galaxy Tab e that’s password protected.

Here’s the story. This is my nieces tablet and she changed the password. She apparently miss typed it and now she can’t get pass the lock screen. I tried turning it off to do a hard reset, but I need a password, which I don’t have, to turn the damn thing off. I tried to force it to turn off, but it only does a restart. I can’t get the thing to turn off so I can do a factory reset.

So, how do I get the m#$%*@#!r to turn off? Right now my only solution is to wait until the battery dies and then do a factory reset.

Any help anyone can give me, after you stop laughing, will be appreciated.

“Hold power and volume down (this simulates battery disconnect). Once the screen shuts down, press (and hold) volume up, home, and power. It will boot into recovery mode.”

I’ve tried that and the tablet will not turn off just restart. Thanks for the suggestion.

Maybe this one then?

" Samsung Galaxy Tab E

Master reset with hardware keys

A master reset restores the original factory settings and may delete your personal data on the internal storage, such as downloads, ringtones, images, apps, contacts, and Visual Voicemail. It does not delete data stored on the SIM card or SD card.

If the device menus are frozen or unresponsive, you can master reset using hardware keys.

Turn off the device.

1. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
  2. When the Samsung Galaxy Tab E logo screen displays, release only the Power key
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  4. Press the Volume Down key several times key to highlight ‘wipe data / factory reset.’
  5. Press Power button to select.
  6. Press the Volume down key until ‘Yes – delete all user data’ is highlighted.
  7. Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
  8. When the master reset is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device."

Will it blend?

Again thanks. It didn’t work and I think I know why. Just before item 1 on the list it mentions ‘Turn the device off’ which I can’t. I tried to do item 1 and it didn’t work. Of course that was before I realized I was supposed to turn the device off. Looks like I’ll be having my niece restart the device until the battery dies. Serves her right. ;)

Throw it against the wall. Hard.

I could try that, but then I’d have to look my 9 year old niece in her big brown tear filled eyes and explain why her tablet is permanently turned off.

That’s pretty extreme, just do what I do; hold it upside-down over your head and shake it until the screen clears to white so you can start again.

Have you tried drilling holes in it?

We now have a happy ending. I made my niece, under threat of tickling, to restart the tablet until the battery died. Once that happened I was able to do a factory reset and now she has to reinstall all of her apps and she will be good to go. Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions.

Show it naked pictures of Pete Rose.

I must ask, on my small tablet I can’t quite make out your icon. What is that? A piece of uncooked chicken?

My icon is a gold nugget on a dime. I acquired the nugget from my many gold mining vacations at my families gold mine claims.

It wasn’t with a Samsung Tablet, but this is a nightmare I’ve had a few times — of appliances that I couldn’t turn the hell off.
Thank you, XXI century, for making it a reality I guess oO

Cool!

THAT’S EXACTLY WHAT I WAS GONNA WRITE

But now I can’t stop seeing a piece of uncooked chicken on a plate.

Tell it about a D&D campaign you ran when you were in the 8th grade.

Me either, and like bubbly, rotting chicken with puss all over it. This is totally Jeff’s fault.