How do you guys feel about mods splitting posts into new threads?

Who the hell eats salad? You guys are depressing.

Whenever we eat Asian I do the chopsticks thing. And I am decent at it. But by the end of every meal my hand is sore. :)

I literally eat fiber gummies instead of salad. This is not a joke. I’m totally serious. Salad is dumb.

My lunch was a salad with faro and a lime ginger dressing. Salad is great. It’s Americans obsession with iceberg lettuce that’s terrible.

If you hate salads it is just because you haven’t had a good salad.

Is Tom going to carve this out into a salad thread now?

I’m thinking separate chopsticks vs western utensils, salad, and Tina Turner threads.

To continue the deliberate derail, I concur with Scuzz, you just haven’t had a great salad. Juicy heirloom tomatoes, sherry vinaigrette, some fresh burrata, oh man! Summer in yo mouth. And don’t even get me started on a proper niçoise.

Gotta agree here. I am a clumsy man. I was never physically coordinated. That’s why I was always a guard or a tackle, never a receiver. But somehow I picked up the use of chopsticks real fast. I’d say that I am as good as someone from a country that grew up using them.

To annoy the wife I’ll eat rice one grain at a time.

Yeah the term salad can mean something under than iceberg lettuce with a few slices tomato on it and a couple of croutons.

I am not an expert but since it was considered rude to leave behind one grain of rice in your rice bowl, I got pretty good at it.

You don’t carve a salad, silly.

What about those salads where they give you a wedge of lettuce, huh, what about those?

Wasn’t she one of Tina Turner’s back-up singers in the early '80s?

Also +1. Balsamic is fine, but not to the exclusion of everything else.

You certainly don’t carve them. You cut or slice them.

Carving knife.
https://smhttp-ssl-21049.nexcesscdn.net/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/350x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/o/contemporary-chefs-knives-compressed.jpg

Knife to cut lettuce wedge.

Don’t you tell me what to do with my wedge of lettuce. If I want to carve the bastard, I’ll carve it.

Sherry vinegar is widely underrated. It’s delectable. If you have the means, I highly suggest picking some up.

They are the perfect utensil for almost every food.

Incorrect. Chopsticks are the perfect utensils for food that is better grasped than scooped or pierced. This includes salads of course, many vegetables, sushi, and most asian dishes that are pre-cut before serving. Forks and knives are inferior for these dishes.

Many western dishes must be cut with a knife, and while chopsticks are adequate, they aren’t the best tool to hold down these foods while you cut. A fork pierces meat, holding it in place, and then the eater can easily cut using the fork as a guide.

Some foods are best scooped. Try eating soft risotto or polenta with chopsticks. Or a nice bowl of honey nut cheerios. It’s possible, of course, just as it’s possible to eat fried rice with chopsticks, but they are not the best tool for that job.

I’m right on this, don’t even try to debate it.

I know I’ve had it, but come to think of it I don’t think I’ve ever noticed it for sale, else I would have picked some up out of plain curiosity. To the Internet!

In my mind I can see you slashing the air wildly with a large carving knife as you type that with one hand.

Now that I think of it, that’s how I picture you whenever you post.

this is true. Someone else should cut it for me.

Live long enough and you will get that valuable service in the nursing home!