How do you post so much?

Hi,

I read most categories here nearly every day, but can’t help but notice that there are certain individuals who post more often than others, and in some cases, more than I would think possible for someone who holds a job or has any kind of social life. It seems like some spend their entire day/life doing nothing but posting here. I mean no disrespect or insult, but honestly would like to know how some of the most frequent posters find the time to post as much as they do. I may want your job (haha). Are you an expert in your field, and as such, does your “job” require little time/effort? Are you simply “on call”? Are you only “monitoring things”? Etc…

I’d really just like to know how you frequent-posters find the time to post as much as you do.

Again, no offense intended, I just would like to know how you folks do it, as it is seriously amazing to me.

Look man, you don’t understand. It’s an impossible burden that I operate under, having so much to say and it being of absolutely vital importance that board members like yourself read each and every one of them. I don’t like it any more than you do, I’ve got stuff I need to do. But this is the future man, and the hamster wheels of the internet don’t turn themselves. Now, have I mentioned that I have an absolutely awesome three bean salad recipe?

I think a lot of us sort of keep the forum open while we’re doing something else? When I’m writing, or playing a game, or watching some dippy TV show, I’ll sometimes have half an eye on the forum.

-Tom

Understood.

I found I had to give up TV and sex to post as much as I do, but let me tell you brother, it’s worth it to be in the top ten posters on Qt3. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got some crank posts to write.

Job has, for a long time, been low maintenance 70% of the time, full-on balls-to-the-wall most of the rest of the time. Mind you, now that the guy above me quit and they gave me all his responsibilities, I suspect it’ll get harder, but I’ll always have Qt3 open in a tab somewhere.

When home or at work, I usually have it up on my desktop and phone alike, alongside FB, Discord, and a browser-based game I play, Utopia.

So I’m basically “kinda” available at all those times, and can sneak glances more or less constantly if I’m particularly bored. If I’m cooking, doing something fun w/ the gf, or out with friends, I tend to go radio-silent, though.

That’s because you lack commitment, Armando.

Someday, I’m gonna grow up to be just like you, Mr. Elhajj! Gee whiz!

(But not @geewhiz)

Anyway, I thinking [quote=“ArmandoPenblade, post:8, topic:127624, full:true”]
Someday, I’m gonna grow up to be just like you, Mr. Elhajj! Gee whiz!

(But not @geewhiz)
[/quote]

Ha, I was just thinking I never get any discourse mention notifications and what do I find? A false alarm! : )

Anyway, I think lurking on the forums takes commitment too. Reading through all the categories is no easy feat so give yourself more credit @nogwart!

Golly gosh willickers, @geewhiz!

BTW, does it count if you only write a lot of one liners in posts? For who is in the top ten posters? Gee whiz, now I am curious, who are the top ten posters? : )

I do miss the post counts that the old board had. Then you could tell at a glance the big players. : )

I do think mobile devices have made it easier to keep up on the forums. I can read through the board while watching TV etc.

Anything over charlimit definitely counts, though Discourse has added the additional wrinkle of not allowing all-caps posts anymore!

Which is why I’m such a dick to @wumpus these days; all-caps shitposting was like 90% of my postcount before the switch, IIRC.

Hellz yeah it counts!

And now we are all apparently better off for you being forced to contribute actual valuable content. Oh, but how I wish for those heady days…

THE HALCYON DAYS OF YORE, MIRITE

sigh

It’s just not the same.

Too right, you’re right.

And I really miss @zx81-Amd64, too. Wonder what he is up to these days, other than preparing for the Trumpocalypse.

Since the switch, 90% of my posting has been feverishly circle-jerking with @Timex in P&R for this brief shining moment in history when we agree on everything

That’s right. Reply to me. REPLY!

You should probably stop being such a controversial dude, @Telefrog. I bet the admins are this close to banning you.