How do you watch movies of your choice nowadays?

Yeah, the range is pretty much unbeatable. Combined with the algorithm, some cool, oddball titles get brought to light, too. I do a weekly movie night with some friends, and their Netflix disc sub has turned up some great stuff that we’d never have thought to take a look at, otherwise.

I wish Netflix offered disc service here in the UK. So often I hear about a movie I want to watch, and streaming won’t have it, and some films on Google Play (etc) only offer to sell it for £10 instead of rent for £2.50… I don’t want to buy movies ever again, unless it’s for the kids (and even then. My daughter barely watches anything twice, there’s just too much media available everywhere, which is amazing to me since as a kid I rewatched even lackluster things multiple times for lack of new content. )

So get Cinema Paradiso.

I’m not sure I’d call 2.7m doing well. There’s probably that many people still using dial-up internet, but who’d want to do that?

I mean 2.7 million is still an enormous number of people. It’s only by comparison that it feels small.

I had never heard of them! We first had Lovefilm when we go to the UK, but their website was so awful we cancelled it fairly quickly.

Cinama Paradiso – they seem alright, but the price is fairly steep. 2 at a time is the bare minimum I would consider useful, and that’s more than double the price of Netlfix streming. I remember having three at a time DVDs for Netflix back in the US for 8 bucks… ah well.

But this may indeed be the way we get to watch HBO again, so thanks for the tip!

Yeah, it’s definitely more expensive than Lovefilm for the same service (though I find it’s much better at actually having things in stock). Now that I’ve worked through so much of my backlog, I’m probably going to drop down to two discs.

If you want to watch HBO, just get NowTV for like £8 a month. Sky Atlantic has most of HBO’s TV content, fairly soon after it airs in the US.