How does one get in touch with Tom (in a not indecent way, and BTW this forum needs likes)

No problemo, but I don’t think you were sleeping for 3 weeks…then again you could have been on an opium jag while not livestreaming…

Anyhoo, this was a hootnanny!

Man, I missed all the action.

I was gonna tell you to diss Gloomhaven, that would bring Tom running.

WE HAVE A WINNER-- Menzo with the West Wing pic! Your reward is fourteen thousand dollars, payable in full on the shores of Audra Planitia on the planet Venus. You have one hour to go there physically to pick up your winnings, after which they will be donated to the Martin Shkreli legal defense fund.

We know the truth, you were playing Deus Ex.

I miss this thread already.

Time’s running out, I guess Menzo’s a Martin Shkreli fan. Who knew?

He is a pretty, pretty man. Though that may be somewhat of a problem here soon…

I stopped by Venus and nobody was there. But I would happily donate my reward to Shkreli.

That’s impossible, it’s over 900 degrees! Your eyeballs would melt out of your face like the nazis when they opened the ark of the covenant!

Then how’d you get the money there? Check and mate.

It was there, Shkreli promises.

First of all, yeah, the unicorn scene was added way later. Such a huge narrative twist would have been added by the creative team at time of release. As far as I’ve read the only change the studio suggested was to add narration. Scott added that years later from an outtake of another scene, and then added the slow mo unicorn dream shot to tie them together. Cheap editing trick.

Second, who cares about the unicorn? Just because he dreamed it? I’m sure he dreamed about screwing Rachel too but no one points to the matchstick man with the hard on as definitive proof. I say cooincidence. Plus, wasn’t he supposed to be a Blade Runner for a while, predating the Nexus 6? It’s my impression Rachel was a prototype, fresh off the line. Adding memories was a new feature as described by Tyrell in dialog. If that feature is new and Deckard is one of them how’d he get released and then become a Runner years ago? He comes out of retirement for the story of the movie.

I call no replicant.

OK, I haven’t seen the sequel yet, but wouldn’t it have put this issue to bed? Deckard is still alive some decades later, he’d kind of have to be human right?

No Replicant hands down.

Scott is a hack.

Well, post-The Duellists, Alien and Blade Runner.

Yeah I also come down on no replicant. Partly because the source material.

Now do the things added in the directors cut bolster the replicant theory? Sure. But it’s also not explicit either way.

The feud continues. Ford says he’s human, always was. Scott reared his idiot head and stated “I always had it in mind that he was a replicant”.

They bring it up, but also mention that late in the production that replicants with open ended life spans were made.

And his replicant status is called it, but also done in a very open ended way.

The cut is bullcrappio because its new footage a decade later. This is on the level of Lucas’ hatchet job on the rereleases.

But how do they explain him still being alive in the sequel if he’s a replicant? That was the whole source of conflict in the first movie, “I want more life, fucker!”

No one says it but Mr. Prometheus. And other trolls.