How does one get in touch with Tom (in a not indecent way, and BTW this forum needs likes)

Like Craigm said, they introduce the concept of Late model replicants that don’t have the limitations of short lifespans that the “production” models carried. IMHO one of the best parts of the new film is how they left either interpretation of Deckard’s mystery intact.

Him being a replicant destroys a more interesting narrative for a less interesting one. That’s why I don’t like it. Him being a replicant adds some kind of race betrayal aspect but it’s not interesting enough to throw away the motivation of the replicants as being survival and slavery which is mentioned many times and makes them more sympathetic. Though if Deckard is a replicant that means they solved long life way earlier than the events of the film and now Tyrell becomes a legit bad guy because he’s withholding that process from Roy and his great lines of “we made you thr very best we could make you” and the burning so very very bright lines.

Deckard being a replicant screws up the whole series and makes it a dumb action movie instead of a cerebral, moody sci fi masterpiece.

And the theme is no longer “more human than human” but “more human than this other replicant”.

I’m dialing 667 on my mood organ, the setting for “Weariness over an amusing thread devolving into pedantic tediousness.”

Mercer Proteccs

Concur. @stusser please terminate function.

Hey, you guys ever wonder what horsepower actually is? I mean yeah, the power of one horse, but is that lifting power? Carrying power? The power of its love?

It’s pulling power.

As long as they don’t give better loot at higher difficulty levels - that wouldn’t be fair.

Just stay away from the ether. There’s nothing as helpless as a man in the throes of an ether binge.

The poor bastard…he didn’t know about the goddamn bats!

::peeks in::

Hey guys. That equine quadruped you are pounding upon? I believe it has been deceased for some time now.

::leaves::

Haha, you guys are still going on about Blade Runner.

I love it, talking about Deckard being a replicant creates instant frenzy between nerds, even 35 years later. It’s like throwing a stink bomb in an elevator, or something. Instant chaos! Now I know how the Joker feels.

Well now I’m doubly embarrassed.

Do you know if the Washington Post still owns Slate?

Not%20a%20repliCANT%20but%20a%20repliCAN

Damn comedians.