How does this keep happening?

Call of Duty 2 multiplayer is a buggy piece of shit that doesn’t work (until a patch months later).

Saint’s Row multiplayer is a buggy piece of shit that doesn’t work.

Splinter Cell: Double Agent multiplay (including the demo) is a buggy piece of shit that doesn’t work.

All AAA games, all of their LIVE functionality broken out of the box. How does this happen? I thought these games took so long in development because there was a strict certification process. So how do these big games get released so buggy?

I blame Microsoft. Discuss.

Also, makes me think Gears of War multiplayer will be buggy out of the box. Makes me want to wait a few months for the first patch. Hello PC gaming days?

I thought we were done with this shit.

People keep buying them.

Message ends.

Is the mp of SC buggy in the full game? I hadn’t seen any reports yet, but Live was totally fucked the past two days.

Yeah, I havent heard anything bad about SC’s multi other than the live issues that were (assuming here) due to live being fucked for 48 hours.

The demo was fine too, once you got into a game, it was connecting that sucked.

I’m also calling bull. I’ve put in a fair amount of time with Splinter Cell District Attorney’s multiplayer and haven’t experienced problems aside from Microsoft’s botched maintenance schedule.

Dude. C’mon. Hyperbole much?

-Tom

el, didn’t you have trouble with GRAW and chromehounds, at least to some extent, as well?

re: Gears multiplayer being buggy, lest we forget, halo 2 was buggy multiplayer OOB as well, albeit it was bungie’s first live game, but had some bugs, not to mention lots of people hated the party system at first

You can’t expect devs to pay for the time it takes to code this stuff. IT’S JUST TOO HAAAAAAAAAAAARD!

Halo 2 wasn’t really buggy from what I remember - it just had a lot of exploits that had to be patched out.

no, it was buggy as shit, there were many times sitting in lobbies watching people come and go because the matchmaking just wasn’t working correctly. It took forever to join games at times until the first patch.

That is all you need to know. That is the reason. If you keep buying software the day it comes out and then not returning it even though it is buggy, then they have no incentive to make QA games more then they have to.

In short, stop buying games when they come out. Especially from places companies that are notorious for bad software QA, and eventually if enough consumers vote with thier dollars, they will stop putting out buggy crap-ware.

fixed

Where can you go these days which will accept returns of opened games?

[Not trying to be snarky, I’m serious: who still takes back opened games?]

In short, stop buying games when they come out. Especially from places companies that are notorious for bad software QA, and eventually if enough consumers vote with thier dollars, they will stop putting out buggy crap-ware.

You’re expecting self-control? From this lot?

Dude. C’mon. Smoke weed too much? :-)

almost any store wil ltake back opened games when you threaten a chargeback. The C.card co’s say what they sell you needs to work, if multi doesnt work it’s defective, so… chargeback.

If they dont do the return after you mention that word, fine, do the chargeback, you get your $ AND the semi-shitty game.

I was basing the Splinter Cell: DA on the demo. Maybe they fixed it.

But for sure, Saint’s Row multi was broken out of the box. It’s STILL unplayable. So was Call of Duty 2’s. I don’t think that’s hyperbole, it’s pretty well known and not overblown.

GRAW had issues, but they were mostly “this guy can’t connect to the game, someone else host”. Not perfect, but I wouldn’t call that broken, just inconvenient.

But I see multiplayer advertised on many of these games, and now it makes me suspect. Am I going to get real multiplayer, or broken waiting for patch multiplayer? Is the new Rainbow Six multi going to work on day one? What about Greas of War? Crackdown? In the days of XBOX, I would have said yes. But for 360 titles, I’m not so sure. It feels like PC gaming all over again, with no standardization and no QA, relying on patches to fix things weeks or months after release. I thought the strength of consoles was stability and ease of use.

My argument is, I’m not very impressed with Microsoft’s QA for their certification for LIVE games. Your opinion may vary.

SC:DA works great guapo, so dont worry about buying that one. I know what you mean though, I hated the problems with chromehounds. I dont mind saints row that much, I think that multi kinda blows anyways because it’s so limited compared to SP.

DOA works great, table tennis works great, burnout is pretty nice, etc… so its not everything.

R6 vegas might play funny for you, but thats because I’m going to face map my balls onto my characters forehead.