How far away is science from developing a real Metal Slug?

Infantrymen: Oh, shit, an RPG attack! Run aaawwwaaaay!

-Kitsune[/quote]

Kitsune has a point, we should dump all our research money into developing Summons. Some of them are really hard to get (knights of the Round, Magus Sisters) but they are devestatingly effective! Plus no radiation!

I don’t understand what’s so funny. 9999 damage would fuck you up too. :wink:

Awesome, awesome, and yes. I’ve just started ToS, but I can tell that it’s huge and that the battle system is going to be a lot of fun. Plus, there’s cooking! If only I could carry over my cooking skill from FFXI…

We may never have a gelatinous tank, but Troy Hurtubise has blessed us with the Ursa Mark VII - the greatest bear-proof mecha-suit the world has ever known.

What Is Project Troy?

Project Troy is the moniker given to the current stage of a 15 plus year effort undertaken by Troy James Hurtubise to develop protection suit technology. While it may have started as a desire to create a suit capable of withstanding the viciousness of an enraged 300 lb black bear attack, the process has developed ideas and technologies whose purposes go beyond simple bear attack protection and in fact could benefit the world.

The current iteration of the suit, the URSUS MARK VII, is the 6th prototype that uses a few of the concepts and technologies developed by Troy. The ultimate goal is the creation of a suit that would encompass all the concepts in their final form. This form would have the ability to protect against injury from riot, explosions, fire, and high velocity projectiles.

Part of the journey was documented in a NFB film called Project Grizzly which was based on Troy’s book White Tape; An Authentic Behind The Scenes Look At Project Grizzly. He has appeared on numerous television programs; done even more guest lecturing at schools of all levels including Harvard; been interviewed on hundreds of radio programs from around the world; and been written about in countless magazines and newspapers the world over.

Without any support from outside sources such as government, or private investment, and with previous business partners that did not come through as promised, this journey of dedication to an end goal has drained Troy of his financial resources, has bankrupted him once and almost cost him his marriage. Through the support of family and friends he has been able to come to this point. Now, with the backing of an investor, the Ursus Mark VII was completed and Project Troy was launched to let the world see what Troy is doing. Enjoy your journey.

Here are some great links:

http://www.wasteoftechnology.com/motw51.shtml

That’s him and many of the various prototypes.

Something approximating a homepage:

http://projecttroy.com.nexx.com/website/index.html

You can contact him and download clips!

This is by far the greatest thing possible. This man is a superhero.

I’m gonna go post this in EE. This deserves a dedicated thread.

Considering that the guy doesn’t use actual plans to build anything, and admits that he can’t even duplicate his own suits, I’m hesitant to call them “prototypes”. :) It does kick ass, though. I hope he survives his bear test.

[size=6]OUR FLAG IS NOT IN THE BASE![/size]

I saw that guy on an episode of Ripley’s where a car suspended from some wires was swung into his midsection. He flew back a bit, but wasn’t even winded I think. Pretty impressive.

Right, now can you fight in one of those suits? Carry a weapon? Travel long distances? Can you FALL OVER AND GET UP?