How into football is your town?

I’m curious about something. In the Philadelphia area, football is huge. At a grocery store in the suburbs today, I saw the following products for sale:

• Eagles hats, shirts, socks, etc.
  • Eagles pens and pencils
  • Eagles wall clocks
  • Eagles: the Movie
  • Eagles potato chips (Utz)
  • Eagles ice cream (Turkey Hill)

So, is it like this everywhere? It can’t be.

I live in Alabama…

…It’s much worse.

VAPORIZE

At a grocery store in the ghetto I’ve seen $75+ framed pictures of various 2002-related Buckeyes and newspapers.

Well let’ see:
Patriots 3 games to glory I
3 games to glory II
3 games to glory III
21 games in a row DVD
Tom Brady everywhere, Dunkin Doughnuts, Bob’s store, every gas station on the planet, and not a place that doesn’t sell the Patriots Weekly newspaper.

Yeah we are kinda into it.
It would be more but this is really Red Sox Nation.

But their own chips and ice cream?

Dude, that’s just marketing bullshit that happens everywhere. Houston is a terrible sports town and we still get the Texans logo plastered on every consumer good imaginable.

Dude, that’s just marketing bullshit that happens everywhere. Houston is a terrible sports town and we still get the Texans logo plastered on every consumer good imaginable.[/quote]

Ah, but the packaging is completely redesigned for those.

Dude, that’s just marketing bullshit that happens everywhere. Houston is a terrible sports town and we still get the Texans logo plastered on every consumer good imaginable.[/quote]

Ah, but the packaging is completely redesigned for those.[/quote]
Well, things might be different now since they were in the super bowl last year, but when I lived in Philly it didn’t seem any more football-crazy than any other big city. If you want to see madness, go to some small college town where football is everything.

Anyway, what’s the packaging like? Eagles are kind of my second team after the Texans.

Ah, but the packaging is completely redesigned for those.[/quote]
Well, things might be different now since they were in the super bowl last year, but when I lived in Philly it didn’t seem any more football-crazy than any other big city. If you want to see madness, go to some small college town where football is everything.

Anyway, what’s the packaging like? Eagles are kind of my second team after the Texans.[/quote]

Big can of chips, because I can’t find a picture of the bag:

Ice cream, which is actually their own flavor, not just repackaging:

Yea, we have Argos everything here.

I live in a city that can fit 2/3rds of its population in the stadium. Take a guess which that is?

New Orleans?

Okay that was tasteless but I couldn’t resist.

Ann Arbor? Norman? South Bend?

Ann Arbor? Norman? South Bend?[/quote]

Green Bay.

That was my guess too.

Green Bay.[/quote]

Exactly. I live within easy walking distance of the stadium, actually.

Green Bay.[/quote]
I really need to learn to love the smiley

How 'bout them Dodgers?

I live in Texas, where football could trigger establishment clause issues.

I’ve often wondered how big Texas high school football is in comparison with other states… size-wise, local small town popularity-wise, etc. I’ve only lived in Texas and in high school everywhere I imagine football is probably a big activity in varying levels - but like how big was it in your own school?

Yes people get carried away in small-town Texas, but honestly - when you don’t have much to do, it’s easy to let sports carry you away once a week.

Going to and performing in the Cotton Bowl for one of the first playoff games in many years for my high school however was a friggin blast. And we won to boot, against a traditional Dallas powerhouse.

— Alan