How into football is your town?

Cincinnati…

you know.

High school football is ridiculous in Birmingham, AL. It’s even worse right now cause MTV is here filming a reality show about one of the local high schools (Hoover, they were #2 in the naiton at the start of the season). Alot of the suburban high schools around here have football stadiums that are easily as nice as some college stadiums I’ve been to.

JEEP LIBERTY

High school football can vary and largely (in my experience) depends on what other options people have. I grew up in a small town in Montana and it was huge. I now live in the Seattle area and only the biggest of the big high schools get even a mention.

Seattle is not a big football town. Even last year when the Seahawks were mentioned as Superbowl contenders they didn’t sell out all their home games. It used to be for college (UW Huskies) but since they now suck no one cares about them anymore. Seattle is arguably a baseball town now (good attendance for the Mariners even though they aren’t good) with basketball rising.

I live in Texas. Even in Austin, most folks are crazy about football. (I was too, once upon a time, but it wore off.)

Football and basketball run pretty even in central IL. Football’s probably a bit more popular in the rural areas, while basketball’s more popular in the city. Both get lots of turnout for high school games, though.

Yes, but our home team is the Buffalo Bills.

I live close to Boulder, CO . . . about 15 miles NW of Denver.

We’re at least equal to that list of Eagles mania in the OP, if not more, when it comes to the Broncos.

Not to mention John Elway car dealership commercials and newspaper ads all over the place.