How is Final Fantasy XIV (14) on PS4

Since you’re an Arcanist, I would recommend grabbing Scholar too (and not just because it’s my main and I think it’s awesome). You can do all your questing and overworld stuff as SMN, and then switch to SCH for faster dungeon queues if desired.

Yes! This was my approach while leveling up and it worked great. SMN for questing and killing stuff more quickly, SCH whenever I needed to do a Dungeon or Trial to proceed (as well as very fast Roulettes!)

Also, one thing I want to make sure is understood in this game is that roles aren’t quite so pigeonholed as compared to other MMOs. Tanks and healers are both expected to DPS and are more than just punchbots and healbots. I find my DPS as a Scholar to be solid, although not as high as the Summoner.

I think this is a byproduct of them not having multiple specs for each job. A tank or a healer can do DPS, because otherwise good luck progressing through the questline as a Warrior or White Mage or something.

I usually end up playing a healer in MMOs eventually, so yah, will def do scholar. I mained a resto Druid and a Disc priest in WoW for years. I figured the Sum was a good bet for leveling, but will work on healer a bit.

I love the dungeons that tanks can pull wall to wall when I’m a SCH and we’re both well geared. The DOT capability of SCH lets you get surprisingly high DPS when it spreads across half the dungeon.

It bounced off me fairly fast, but that is not an indictment against the game. I just started it, went through a bit of the opening area, and just went, “oh no, not this shit again.” I just didn’t have the mental energy to deal with learning a new MMO, and one that had a long ramp up time. I think I would have the problem with any new MMO.

I will probably try again later this year.

What servers are you all playing on? I have a level 70 main on Diabolos, and a level 59 alt on Balmung. If there’s any overlap there, I’d be happy to help people out.

Also, cross-world travel is coming two patches from now.

I’m on Siren.

My main is on Hyperion, and I have an alt I’m currently leveling on Midgardsormr for the sweet Road to 60 bonus on crafters/gatherers. Planning on transferring it over with the data center shuffle and free world transfers.

Mateus, here. We used to be the smallest server but now we’re home to the (e)RP rejects from Balmung. Ugh.

Is there a way to get into this cheaper than 60 bucks? (PC) Was going to pony up today, but I really don’t want to drop 60 bucks on this + a sub.

The base game is 20 bucks for the download, at the S-E store. Ditto Steam.

Also, that includes 30 days of game time, if you don’t have a FFXIV account already.

You won’t need the expansion until you hit the level cap, so need to pay another $39.99 for that yet. If you enjoy the game, by the time you get to level 50 it will probably have gone on sale (and if not, you’re not out anything by waiting).

There’s a free trial that will let you play for an unlimited amount of time, capping you at level 35 in every job/class. I’d start there if you haven’t already.

If you have Twitch Prime (which is included in Amazon Prime) they’re currently offering a free copy of the Starter Edition (base game). This comes with a free 30 day sub. That’ll save you 20 bucks. After that, if you really like the game you can buy the latest expansion for $40. No additional sub time, but it includes both current expansions. This goes on sale semi-regularly now for half off. You can also wait until the end of June and buy the next expansion for $40. It will include all 3 expansions, but again, no sub time.

Will just do the starter edition for now, thanks. I’ve been playing the freeby, and have my SUM to 35 now :P But going to 50 is a good idea, I can level a few diff classes to 50 and wait for a sale, cheers!

That’ll keep you busy for awhile. There is a non-trivial amount of extra content that unlocks around the time you hit 50 and finish the 2.0 story.

Jesus I want to throttle these people…I bought the standard game about 3 years ago, played for a month, then quit. I resub to my old login/account, and try to play, I get to character select, and it tells me the game isn’t registered…when I log onto the account at the mogstation, it shows that it is registered, and that the subscription is in place. A few more tries at loggin, and now my account is locked for suspicious activity. What an absolute fucking mess their account management is.

They are really doing everything in their power to dissuade me from playing this game, jesus.

Are you trying to move between Steam and non-Steam PC, by chance? They aren’t compatible and you can only have a license for one or the other on your service account.

Trying to play on Steam, and the account on mog station shows steam.

I’m laying this out to make sure I have the details correct:

You purchased the game on Steam ~3 years ago, then quit. Recently it sounds like you’ve been playing the Trial… was this the trial download on Steam or their website? Was it the same or different account than the one that you purchased a few years back?

Got it sorted out, thanks Kevin. I was using 2 different accounts, but that wasn’t the problem. The sub, the steam account, and my email etc was all correct, was just a screwup on their end. I restarted on Siren :P

I originally wanted to migrate my free trial account, as that character was 35, but you can’t without buying another copy of the game. I tried to figure out how to merge accounts, but it was such a cluster I just decided to reroll.