How is World of Warcraft these days?

Hrm, that reminds me. When I was leveling a char about a year ago, vanilla zones were very crowded. I’m talking worse than launch. Questing was extremely frustrating because you couldn’t find any mobs up. It was terrible.

I shelved that char for a while, but did some of the legion launch event to skip BC levels. And now as I (extremely causually) quest in Wrath, the zones are empty. And it’s wonderful.

Was that around the launch of Legion? I think cross realm zones only became a thing a year and a half ago. I find zones pretty much empty, but in going from 1-44 I’ve only been in… Durotar, northern STV and Feralas. That’s it. I’ve done every 5man between 15-44 once, those 3 zones, and I’m 44 now in less than 12 hours.

My /60 rogue from vanilla that only did 4 or 5 raids ever is at 30 days played, by way of comparison!

I have a friend who last played in Wrath of the Lich King and wants to play the Mists of Pandaria content. He has a couple of level 80 characters so I figure he can get to Mists two ways: either level up one of his 80s through Cataclysm, or take the boost to 100 and then do Mists with a level 100 character. I have a few questions in this regard.

How fast is going 80 to 90 these days?

Would doing Mists with a level 100 character be fun or just plowing through meaningless grey enemies?

Is there any option to boost to 90 instead of 100 so he can do Mists level appropriate?

Also, for someone who mostly played death characters like a necro and a death knight, do you think he would like the Demon Hunter class?

I’m contemplating renewing as well to join him if he comes back (at least for a little while). We would probably play Horde side if so. Is there any QT3 presence Horde side these days or is everyone just scattered to the winds?

Super fast, pretty boring, no, sure, and I dunno as I don’t actively play myself.

Mists level appropriate is 85 to 90. WoD goes 90 to 100. If you bought WoD back in the day and never used it you would still have a level 90 boost. But there’s nothing to boost you to level 85. A shortcut would be to level a DK from 58 to 85.

But yeah it wouldn’t be much fun doing level 85 leveling content as a 100

So my friend and I have fired up the old WoW again, and I’m trying to figure out what class I want to play this time around.

One hurdle I’m facing is that a lot of the class and game info on the web is outdated. For example, when deciding how to spec my newbie monk I saw several sites that referred to Brewmaster as dual wielding but that was removed in Legion.

Is there a good site with updated info on classes, abilities, etc? The WoW main site is way too vague.

Icy veins. Go there for your initial start. After that, discord.