How Many Gaming Platforms Do You Own?

I overrated your ability to make the assumption. Next time, I’ll hold your hand.

Apparently there was some confusion over the definition of platform. I’m pretty sure Brooski at least has a PC…

He uses it to analyze brain patterns and undermine the Democratic Party, though, so it doesn’t count.

Troy

Yeah, because Qt3 posters are in no way statistically likely to have more gaming platforms than the general population. Totally valid poll.

Well, if the overwhelming majority said only one, then I’d feel compelled to shut my argument down, wouldn’t I? We have to start somewhere apart from you claiming “empirically” people only own one gaming platform.

As long as you wash it first. With soap!

PC, PS2, and DS

In that case, I have a PC and a 360. I split playing time relatively equally between the two, with maybe a slight lead for the 360.

I currently own 5 or 6 platforms, but only buy games for one of them. I’m not sure how I’m supposed to vote. =-/

I have a 360, but its only used for media capabilities, so I just picked 1.

Xbox 360, Wii & PC.

I’m not counting the original Xbox I still have, that’s only used for DDR2 once in a blue moon by my younger daughter.

4 x Atari 2600, 3 x Atari 7800, 3 x Colecovision, 2 x Intellevision, 2 x Vectrex, NES, Sega Master System, Game Boy, Genesis, SNES, TurboGrafx-16, Jaguar, Amiga 2000, Amiga 500, 2 x Amiga 1200, PSX, N64, Dreamcast, GBA, GBA SP, 2 x PSP, DS Lite, 3 x PS2, 2 x GameCube, Gamecube Q, 2 x Xbox, PS3, Wii, 2 x Xbox 360, 3 x PC

Salutes

I break out my Dreamcast every Xmas but that doesn’t really count. My Genesis got sold years ago, now I only use emulators.

LOL@owners of one.

PC, 360, Wii, PS2, Xbox, GC, DC, too many handhelds to name.

Is this poll coming from another thread? If so, linkage please.

Active:

PC
Xbox 360
PS3
Wii
DS

In closet:

PS2
Gamecube
Dreamcast
PSP

NPD thread, yo.

Man, I’ve got math to back that up. MATH.

But this survey is about as useful as going to AVSForum, asking how many people have an HD disc player, and trying to judge something about HD penetration in the general population. People in fora dedicated to a topic are about three standard deviations more obsessive than the norm.

Wha HUH? 12 pages and counting? Maybe I’m not so curious after all.

EDIT: Oh, right. This is the one that started off with the “Does Wii Play count?” debate. I lost interest after page 3.

Let’s have the same debate here!

I say that yes it counts, but Carnival Games doesn’t! Discuss!