How many tables will you eventually own for Pinball FX3?

It feels better to me. But not as good as Pinball Arcade’s physics.

Pinball Arcade is trying to replicate real world pinball. Pinball FX is not.

Since I have never gotten into real world pinball, I prefer the FX approach.

And thanks for that, I appreciate it! :)

And I’ll give you a virtual high five too @arrendek Your score is great, and if it had been posted a few hours earlier, I probably wouldn’t have tried to top it.

This tournament asks the question: How long can you stay awake for?

Yes, this is a crap tournament @tomchick. Can we have one based on some semblance of actual skill?

Holy crap. I’m unfriending all of you so I can retain some semblance of virtual pinball self-worth. Those scores are insane.

If anybody is interested I started a single ball classic mode Infinity gauntlet tournament.

Consider it an endurance challenge. The 24 Hour Le Mans of pinball!

-Tom

I hate to quote myself, but…

Well, it certainly isn’t too easy to stay alive on that one, with two greedy outlanes and a kickback that’s hard to activate reliably. I managed 38M (with a 46M that got eaten by some network issue), but I’m sure someone can top that.

For whatever reason, your tournament didn’t show up using the friends filter even though we’re friends on Steam, but I was able to join by typing in your name.

That’s weird. Maybe I setup something wrong. I was a little surprised there wasn’t a “Friends Only” option when setting up a tournament. You basically have private which means people have to use a password, or everybody.

So far, the most consistant way to be sure to spot a tourney has been to add Thraeg to my friends’ list.

Oh man, when I complained about Paranormal being toothless other than as an endurance challenge, I didn’t know the half of it. I decided to go post a quick decent score in classic mode before my muscle memory decayed. Turns out that when you’re not in single-ball challenge, there’s a repeatable extra ball award from clearing the mansion. So I’m currently on ball 1 with 100M, and 5 extra balls banked. I could probably stay on this table until the heat death of the universe, so it’s no surprise that the top scores on the global leaderboards are north of 2 billion. I might be able to top that, but I’m not going to put in a full 8-hour work day to find out.

Wow. I kept hearing the extra ball pop sound I thought and if that actually meant I should have been getting an extra ball that would be insane.

Extra balls are capped at a mere 15 (5 per ball) for Paranormal. I challenge you to complete this table before Half Life 3 is released!

Two more tables can be owned. Zen has released a new free two-pack. (Free for a limited time.). The tables are Son of Zeus and Adventure Land. Adventure Land is the kind of uber-bright and colorful table I normally love. However my first play through (on Xbox) gave me video game motion sickness for the first time in years!

Played both of the new tables on Switch earlier. Adventure Land seemed pretty fun at first blush. Son of Zeus is horribly claustrophobic and the vocals are annoying. Wouldn’t be in a hurry to play that again.

I was playing on Switch in portable mode, horizontally, which worked better than I would have expected. Looking forward to trying the vertical mode. Thinking about buying the basic pack with all the classics (Tesla, etc)

I like Son of Zeus a lot. The vocals are super cheeseball which I like. The table seems very challenging. I spent 3 hours or so trying to take down @Thraeg’s score in single player, managed to get within 4 million.