How many tables will you eventually own for Pinball FX3?

So far, the most consistant way to be sure to spot a tourney has been to add Thraeg to my friends’ list.

Oh man, when I complained about Paranormal being toothless other than as an endurance challenge, I didn’t know the half of it. I decided to go post a quick decent score in classic mode before my muscle memory decayed. Turns out that when you’re not in single-ball challenge, there’s a repeatable extra ball award from clearing the mansion. So I’m currently on ball 1 with 100M, and 5 extra balls banked. I could probably stay on this table until the heat death of the universe, so it’s no surprise that the top scores on the global leaderboards are north of 2 billion. I might be able to top that, but I’m not going to put in a full 8-hour work day to find out.

Wow. I kept hearing the extra ball pop sound I thought and if that actually meant I should have been getting an extra ball that would be insane.

Extra balls are capped at a mere 15 (5 per ball) for Paranormal. I challenge you to complete this table before Half Life 3 is released!

Two more tables can be owned. Zen has released a new free two-pack. (Free for a limited time.). The tables are Son of Zeus and Adventure Land. Adventure Land is the kind of uber-bright and colorful table I normally love. However my first play through (on Xbox) gave me video game motion sickness for the first time in years!

Played both of the new tables on Switch earlier. Adventure Land seemed pretty fun at first blush. Son of Zeus is horribly claustrophobic and the vocals are annoying. Wouldn’t be in a hurry to play that again.

I was playing on Switch in portable mode, horizontally, which worked better than I would have expected. Looking forward to trying the vertical mode. Thinking about buying the basic pack with all the classics (Tesla, etc)

I like Son of Zeus a lot. The vocals are super cheeseball which I like. The table seems very challenging. I spent 3 hours or so trying to take down @Thraeg’s score in single player, managed to get within 4 million.

Hey, check your Steam inventory folks. I just got a bunch of 80% off coupons on Pinball FX3 tables I don’t have. I think I may end up with like 10 new tables out of this.

Be careful though with the coupons. For instance, I got a coupon for the Medieval Pack (Epic Quest and King Arthur). Steam says I don’t own them, but I do.

Come on, who doesn’t already own Epic Quest!

From the FX3 steam page:

Hi everyone!

I am very happy to bring you good news about one of the most discussed issues since we launched Pinball FX3. You have reached out to us about something that affected a number of you guys, and we’ve come up with a solution we hope can resolve this.

The completionists among you told us that you have had some trouble filling in your Pinball FX3 library with the introduction of table packs. For example, there was no way for you to purchase Rogue One without paying for the pack that includes Rebels, which you already owned and imported from Pinball FX2.

As of now, you should start to see coupons in your Steam inventory if you have owned certain Pinball FX2 tables.

You will receive an 80% pack discount coupon for each of the following tables:

Fantastic Four
Captain America
Doctor Strange
Civil War
Deadpool
Venom
Guardians of the Galaxy
Age of Ultron
Ant-Man
Mars
Paranormal
Earth Defense

You will receive a 75% pack discount coupon for each of the following tables:

Star Wars™ Pinball: Star Wars Rebels™
Star Wars™ Pinball: Rogue One™
Epic Quest
Excalibur

Let me give you an example in the use of these coupons:

You owned Fantastic Four and Captain America from the Marvel Legends pack. You will receive TWO 80% discount coupons for the Marvel Legends pack. This means, you can buy the missing Doctor Strange table for a very discounted price and still surprise a friend with some great value pinball!

These coupons will be live for only three weeks, so make sure to use them to complete your collections!

We would like to thank you for your patience and your drive to complete your Pinball FX3 collections. And we hope you’ll have fun with the tables you haven’t experienced before!

All the best,

Zen Team

Ah, so they’re not done sending out coupons. Good. I was wondering why I didn’t get any last night after I read charmtrap’s post.

Yeah same. I have both Excalibur and Epic Quest from FX2, still got a coupon for the pack.

If anybody is interested, I have coupons for “Medieval Pack” (75% off Epic Quest and Excalibur), “Marvel Legends Pack” (80% off Captain America, Doctor Strange, and Fantastic Four), and “SciFi Pack” (80% off Mars, Paranormal, and Earth Defense). I already have all those tables!

Hit me up, I’m elsquonk on Steam. Coupons are good until 2/15.

For anyone else who shelved this due to the disastrous launch, I just randomly checked it out again, and it seems to be completely fixed. It now just puts black bars on ultra-wide monitors rather than stretching the image out of whack, and the frame rate never wavered from 100 fps.

I eventually gave up on my ultrawide and let my wife have it because it was never fully supported by so many games. Either intentionally (right Blizzard?) or unintentionally.

Yeah the hype for ultrawide screens seems to have gone away, along with curved stuff and 3D.

I still love mine. Not every game supports it, but enough do to make it worthwhile, and the extra space is great for productivity.

I replaced mine with twin 32” 1440p monitors. : )

Anyone else try the Williams Table beta? (Right Click on FX3 -> Properties -> Beta Tab -> Williams beta opt in).

The physics feels right to me for the first time in a PInball FX game. It just feels predictable now in how it feels.

I just tried the trials for Medieval Madness and Getaway II. So enticing!

Also, FX tables have sales all the time, which I’m not sure Pinball Arcade ever did, so I envision owning a lot of Williams tables eventually.