How many times has your Xbox 360 died?

How long are console warranties now? 1 year or 3 months? I have many complaints about the PS3 - don’t like the price, the inclusion of blue-ray, the faked demos - but in terms of a track record on console production, Sony has a pretty good one.

Either way, as “confident” as I am that they test these things, consoles are the only things I buy protection plans for. Just makes sense to do so with any new technology, especially if it’s one that you intend to use more than others.

Typical is 90 days in the US, other countries get better warranties. The manufacturers have 0 faith, why should we?

90 days for a new console is enough to strongl incline anyone to get the consumer protection plan for their new PS3.

90 days and the inclusion of unproven and so far poorly reviewed blue-ray tech means that it’s a must.

Fixed.

Well, the 90 day thing made me buy the extended warranty for the 360.

I’m passing on ps3 until it has an interesting exclusive or a price drop or something compelling. If they both released at once I’d have had a hard time choosing, wacky pricing or not, but the 360 did come out already, so I just grabbed it and have my next gen system. Not upgrading the PC until '08 either.

The wii is a must buy, the ps3 hasnt got anything for me.

I mean I liked ps1 warhawk alright I guess, so I’ll grab it when it hits $120, but thats going to be 2020 or something.

So, the MS/Sony can’t build a reliable system and so a responsible person is forced to get a protection plan? That sucks. You should get a 1.5-2 year warranty on something that expensive.

The first thing you see upon opening the 360 box is a paper with warranty details and a number to call for the $60 MS official ‘real’ warranty.

REALLY bums you out (until you hook it up, turn it on and get happy because its a nice console)

Mine’s worked perfectly since I got it at the beginning of January. I doubt I’ve used it for more than 24 aggregate hours though…

In this fine country where we have consumer protection laws, the warranty for game consoles is always at least 12 months. And I’ve never had one die on me. On the other hand, I don’t have a 360 so I can’t say anything about that.

Bump!