How much Activision does it take to change a Blizzard?

I mean, she killed herself, so like… can’t prove it so don’t put it in the complaint, but it doesn’t look good!

About 15 years ago at my job, we fired a guy because he was taking pictures of a female coworker’s ass as she walked down the hall. No discussion, no debate, no words with the manager. Just pack your shit and get the fuck out of here. I just can’t imagine a business having such a fratbro culture where shit like

is a thing people do. What the fuck.

Right? Thank you.

We had a case 5 or so years ago where an employee was arrested at Target for taking videos up girls’ skirts. When police searched his phone, they found videos taken at work too. He was never allowed back on company property – fired immediately and his personal effects mailed to him.

I find accusations like the ones here almost unbelievable, because I can’t imagine a business as big as Activision being willing to take the risk of getting sued into oblivion. (Note that I’m not really doubting it happened, just shocked HR and Legal didn’t nuke it from orbit.)

Many many years ago I was interviewing at a game company. I was talking to the head of the PR team, who was a guy, and a woman on the team came into the room to ask him a question.

He answers her question, she leaves, and he turns to me and says enthusiastically “See her? I hired that.”

Mind you, I literally just met the guy 20 minutes before.

I’ve seen some fucked up shit at work. The most memorable was when I worked at a movie theater in around 97 and the manager would loot the Jimmy Fund cans, the ones they’d pass around for donations, to buy meatball subs and lottery tickets at the shop next door.

When the boss is the one doing the crimes, there’s no accountability. This rot in Blizzard seems like it goes to the top. Kotick lost a sexual harassment case years ago, and his name was in Epstein’s book.

But he makes so much money for the shareholders!

Epstein had lots of names in his book, he was a starfucker, it doesn’t mean they’re all pedos and/or rapists.

LOL that reminds me of another story. This was a LONG time ago, like 1990ish and I was working at a video store. One day the manager beckons me into his office and draws my attention to the closed circuit feed from the couple of cameras that were in the ceiling. He pans it around and zooms in on a woman’s cleavage and says something like “check this out!”

Some dudes are super gross. I honestly don’t know why women put up with us.

Here’s an OCRed version.

He was good in that one scene in Moneyball!

I know Carrie and I’ve worked with her. She’s a great producer and it makes me furious that she has to live with any of that crap.

Yeah. I know her, too. And she posted even more that I didn’t put on here. Stuff that sounds absolutely horrific.

I didn’t know she was an exec now. I haven’t seen her name since she was a journo.

It obviously doesn’t make it any less horrific but because of the thread we’re in, just wanted to post this clarification:

https://twitter.com/cgouskos/status/1418270826026074115?s=19

I know women who work PR have been aggressively hit on due to the perception of them being friendly.

Probably for most of you this “Alex Afrasiabi” is just another name.

He’s “Furor”, from Fires of Heaven EQ’s guild.

A couple of quotes from 2005 blog-o-sphere:

fdfccc

ghnghv

I suppose that masculine leadership eventually paid off.

dsfsdfxcx