How much Activision does it take to change a Blizzard?

I kinda don’t think your Mick Jaggers of the world needed to wear down groupies with booze, but it’s not something I have personal experience of. It goes without saying that targeting the underage (which I’m sure has happened plenty, beyond cited examples) is beyond the pale.

Well fuck. Didn’t know about that. Deja Entendu is was one of my favorite albums of all time. What a fucking creep. Gah

Frankly the number of whiny boi 00s emo icons who don’t have credible sexual assault allegations against them might be smaller than the number who do :(

I had a coworker at a big biotech here in CA who had worked for bigger pharma in New Jersey. He told me about guys taking their rivals or bosses to lunch, having a drink or two with them, then calling in that they were drunk at work so they were fired that day.

Multiple coworkers who had worked at our company’s former NJ site attested that the (unbelievably obnoxious) woman who’d been department head there for years would routinely disappear with her second-in-command for a 3-hour lunch, come back to the office, and run a meeting while sloshed.

Davey Havok? Gerard Way? Geoff Rickly? Are they still OK?

Brand New though… it should have been obvious:

Barely conscious in the door where you stand
Your eyes are fighting sleep while your mouth makes your demands
You laugh at every word, trying hard to be cute
I almost feel sorry for what I’m gonna do

This vile piece of shit is cousins with Joe Rogan

(But they’ve never actually met, hah)

Im with @stusser on the room. Yes, innocent until proven guilty is a hill worth defending, even if you have to acknowledge some shitty things have happened on its slopes.

Wasn’t Activision the original 2600 game publisher/developer that allowed for distinct authors/creators of their respective games instead of anonymous teams leading to EA’s vision for artists?

When I worked at Sony they had no real rules against drinking, and there was a Brewery right next door that was the drinking party spot during and after work. Open bar at all parties was standard and after conventions “everyone” got drunk. Sometimes even during. Sony had a small cocktail bar in their E3 booth upstairs. So as you can predict, incidents did happen from time to time but it was stuff like someone not showing up to work or passing out on the hotel stairs. Stuff like that. I of course never had a problem but being drunk at work did happen, and the company paid for it.

So he’s noooooooooooooooooooooot oooooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaay?

Goddammit now I’m gonna be listening to Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge all day.

I also believe you can drink, with co-workers, and not be a piece of shit. Alcohol is a truth serum in my experience. It makes you more you. Assholes who suppress it let it all out when they’re drunk. Ever been drinking with nice people? They become more nice, and it’s a joyful activity.

If y’alls experience with drinking is everyone turns into a demon, you need better friends.

That’s one way to look at it, but another would be “Good people who struggle with inner demons but through discipline and effort, have tamed them and function as good members of society”? Of course, such people should probably have the wisdom to steer clear of alcohol. :)

In court, yes. In conversation, no.

Cool, will you be at the book-burning or the lynching?

What’s your opinion on Bill Cosby?

Talented comedian, America’s Dad, doesn’t take no for an answer!

Huh. It’s not illegal in general to be a racist asshat, but I tend to avoid association with people who are. That idiot who’s advertised that proof of unvaccination is required to enter his restaurant? I won’t go there. I know this is an internet perennial, but exercising free speech to condemn assholes is neither book burning nor lynching. I don’t need a court order to tell me I’d rather avoid situations where guys stand around talking about all their colleagues they’d like to fuck, nor to understand that kind of talk isn’t particularly congenial to equitable treatment.

Also, too, it really is illegal to maintain a hostile work environment, including girlie pics, lewd jokes, and casual sexual banter. Hard to demonstrate, but most companies would rather not open themselves up to liability for that kind of thing. And, it’s not professional behavior.

boys will be boys