How much Activision does it take to change a Blizzard?

I’m hearing 2023 for Overwatch 2 and 2024 for Diablo 4. Grain of salt and what not but seems about right.

That still seems like a fairly short development time for Diablo 4 to me, given the pedigree of the series.

Let’s see,

Diablo 2: announced in early 1997, for “1998” release, came out in summer of 2000. 3.5 year gap.
Diablo 3 announced summer of 2008 for “when it’s done” release, came out in summer of 2012. 4 year gap.
Diablo 4 announced nov 2019 for “when it’s done” release, comes out in…

Pattern says 4.5 year gap, so Summer of 2024! But that was before the delay. Maybe.

On the other hand, this definitely isn’t the “until it’s done, and done right” Blizzard of years past, given the sorry state they shipped WC3 Remaster in at least. . .

So you’re saying Imperator: Rome fans have hope?

Is Blizzard d0med?

God it was awesome too. A nice reminder of how good, if not dated in some respects, Blizzard games could be.

Whoopsie.

But he looks like such a nice guy!

Activision CEO Bobby Kotick told an employee he would have her killed

Shocked Pikachu

Anyway, there’s no obligation to inform the board about everything going on at the company. Once CA officially opened an investigation of course that passes the threshold.

Similarly, saying positive things about an employee you’re firing for cause, even for sexual harassment, is just protecting yourself. You never want to burn anybody, if you can avoid it.

Happy place… happy place… happy place…

Unfortunately, if Kotick gets fired it won’t be because he failed to report rapes and knew about all the harassment going on. It’ll be because ATVI’s stock has lost 30% of its value in the last six months while the market has gone up 15-20%.

I just worry that if Kotick loses his job, will he be financially secure??

Maybe he’ll set up a GoFundMe.

I expect he’ll be delivering for Uber Eats while living out of his car.

$154 million SOUNDS like a lot of money, but I’m sure dudes got expenses and what not…

I mean once you pay for your private jet and the fees to moor your yacht, plus the cost of your driver and kids’ private schools, you hardly have enough to pay for the three annual million-dollar vacations. Thanks, Joe Biden.