How much Activision does it take to change a Blizzard?

He is a self-admitted ‘not a people’s person’. He is a asocial genius computer engineer, a self made liberal millonaire, and yeah, he surely is a bit on the spectrum.

When he says
imagen
you have to read it in a literal way, as a matter of act. He is a person, he is only giving the data point he knows as a person, he can’t give a data point he doesn’t have. He isn’t saying that anything of the awful stuff is false, but he can only give his data point is true. It’s like a 2+2 statement.

Yeah I’m not seeing what the big deal is here with Carmack.

MS though, wonder if they’ll make Starcraft 3.

Internet people snarling and attacking when anyone pulls a nanometer out of line. It’s a common thing.

John should know better than to throw out libelous claims of social media and media outlets lying about/distorting fact, and he should most certainly know better than to make fun of them using charged rhetoric such as “unperson”, especially when he’s already got a strike against him for having guested on the Joe Rogan podcast.

You’re acting sus John, be careful you don’t out yourself a chud…

That was satire, right?

Very much so, although I completely understand how it could be seen otherwise 😕

Ding ding ding.

It’ll take them a few years to ramp up, but Microsoft is going to make Starcraft 3, Warcraft 4, annual World of Warcraft expansions, Hearthstone 2, Starcraft Ghost, Titan, and every other project they can think of. Or rather, their subsidiary studios will. I’m here for it.

At this point, I’m looking forward more to their other studios’ output from that IP. Blizzard itself seems kind of broken to me, creatively. Broken by Activision. I’m not sure if Microsoft can put it back together. I think all the big famous heads and principals are now at other studios now anyway, right? Maybe they can convince those studios to do some of these games.

Yeah, just remember that today’s Blizzard, and the post-acquisition Blizzard, is not the Blizzard that made Starcraft 1&2, Diablo, Warcraft, and WoW. It’s totally different people.

Not that they couldn’t make a great Starcraft 3, but it’s not guaranteed.

There’s also no evidence that Microsoft are taskmasters with their studios, demanding annual refreshes. They gave Halo Infinite the time it needed. They aren’t demanding annual Gears of War installments. You don’t get a new Forza every year.

I might be a little too cynical in that prediction. I don’t get the sense that Microsoft immediately farmed out the Bethesda properties. But I do suspect this new Blizzard is going to see an increased rate of output overall.

Well, most of those people were there until very recently when they were fired, and they weren’t making great games anyway. I certainly don’t put overwatch and hearthstone anywhere near Diablo.

Phil Spencer’s shelf strikes again!

Hahaha. A 'shop but a good one. He’ll get a lot of people looking for sure.

I think this might actually be one of the more important things. There no longer needs to be a Kotick funny money mandate for a COD every year with two/three/seven/20billion teams tossing the franchise around like a hot potato.

It’s only been 18 years so far, what’s a few more?

Exactly. Because while Halo Infinite sliding a year wasn’t exactly ideal, it’s not as if MS took any hit from it earnings wise. Their financial report isn’t going die if Starceaft slips.

Yea I hate that.