How much do you spend on gaming in a year?

I look forward to you editing in the progressively larger quantity of regrets you are willing to admit to over the next several minutes.

I’m in the same boat. Geezus.

Pretend you’re 40+ and you would amazingly be the envy of your coworkers at 2/hrs per week.

Maybe photoshop some gray on your avatar pic to sell it a little bit.

Two hours of sex per week sounds like an awful lot of work.

Yes but what you’re quoting pegs it at under 2 hours/month, Skip. I’m right in the trenches with the older folk, apparently ;-)

Indeed, to be young again. sigh

$729 this year, last year waaaay more. Next year probably way less.

Earlier this year I went through what my spending patterns on games had been for the last 10 years. It averaged out at about $400 per year. Which, when I thought about it, was such a ridiculously small % of my yearly income that I decided, fuck it, I’m not going to worry about spending on games and just buy whatever the hell I want.

I’m up to about $1500 this year.

• $750 on PC - Steam and Matrix games.
  • $400 on PS4.
  • $350 on Nintendo 2DS (including system).

I don’t have a game playing addiction, I have a game buying addiction. :p

STEAM $650
GMG $180
Humble $325 (yearly subscription cost included)
Origin $55
CD Keys $ 95
IndieGala/Fanatical/Groupees $70
WinGameStore $35
EPIC $90
Amazon $65
UbiShop $25

Total: $1,590.00 on games only, this doesn’t include any PC hardware. :)

The argument that convinced me to spend as little as possible is game deflation: In general, the same game will get cheaper as time goes on. For example, a $60 rrp game will retail for $30 in a year’s time, in a sale. Unless you don’t have a huge backlog, and unless you reaaaaaaally want a game on day 1, every game can wait (contrary to all the marketing that says you really have to buy this game ASAP).

Multiplayer game is the exception because the player population goes down as time passes, sometimes to a point where there is no one to play with, or you get left being in the XP curve. If you want to play with others, you need to be there on day 1 (or thereabout).

Holy shit that’s what I’m thinking. Maybe just give me a beer and an hour when someone isn’t looking for me to do something for them?

Now you guys are making me feel young and virile again.

Man, is there more than 7 days in a week? 10 minutes * 7 only = 70 minutes.

I’m kinda shocked that I spent only $55 on Steam in all of 2017. Probably another $200 or so on other services and various gaming subscriptions. Not bad at all, actually.

Compared to Amazon, where I placed 111 orders and spent $4,571.78.

…Jesus.

I probably spent less than $75 on video games this year. Although I did buy a new PC for gaming in July.

But I never buy a game when it first comes out and I hardly ever take a flyer on a game I no nothing about.

~$300 on PC games this year, split fairly evenly between Steam and Humble.

Exactly $20 on PSN for Horizon.

~$150 on Switch games.

~$30 on mobile, mainly async boardgame ports.

So somewhere around $500 on software.

Steam: $13
Humble: $12
Amazon: $216.57 in cashback redemption <---- This is how I hide game purchases from view. It doesn’t show up on Credit Card bills. With the cashback redemption I get PSN points, Xbox Live Points, Steam cards, and I redeem those in the appropriate venue.
Newegg: $72 (Destiny 2 + XB1 controller)
CD Keys: $25 (EA Access 1 year)
Xbox Live: $39 (1 year membership)

Total: $377.57
Not bad. $31.46 a month. Or just over a dollar a day.

Hey where did you find that? I need to re-up soon and so far $42 is as cheap as I’ve found.

I can only estimate it, but I guess I’d be a lil over the average here, around 500-600 bucks, which is insane considering my income.
I used to be around 150, but that was before knowing better and starting to participate in these forums — which coincides with Matrix going nutso on deals. None of this is my fault, at all.