How much do you spend on gaming in a year?

Pretty little damage, happy to say-- managed to make do with a few select bundles, a few titles from the last Steam sale and several nice freebies that have been made available throughout the year. Gaming on a shoestring FTW!

EDIT: Whelp, misread the title and thought it meant THIS year…

It is probably bad that I have no idea :).

Between my wife and I, though, probably at least $100 a month on PC games. My share can many times include monthly fees like my plot on a Wurm Unlimited server and our two ARK Servers right now.

Hardware varies, but historically a major PC upgrade for both of us every 5-6 years ($1000 or so per), video card every 2-3, and during the last year two very nice IPS monitors.

Honestly it can’t be much. I rarely buy games when they are new unless I really really want to play it now. I’d say it can’t be more than 500-600 a year. I’ve been leaning towards more multiplayer games that have longer staying power. It’s fun AND it saves me money! ;)

Around US$ 600-700 in total, I think.

But consider that is pretty much all of my personal entertainment budget. I don’t usually go to concerts or buy music, I rarely go to theatres for movies, I don’t go out drinking, and I don’t play board games (because I don’t have any local friends really into it), so most of my entertainment budget goes to videogames, because I love gaming and what it represents. So yeah. No regrets.

I just wish I had the time to actually play everything I buy. ;)

I usually try to average $50/month which includes digital and board games. However, a good portion of the games I buy uses my credit card points (I have an amazon credit card (really it is Chase). This does lower my overall gaming budget.

Steam
$55.85 - 16 Games - $3.49 per Game

GOG
$62.78 - 49 Games - $1.28 per Game

Fanatical
$6.88 - 53 Games - $0.13 per Game

Humble
$35.51 - 88 Games - $0.40 per Game

CD Keys
$9.99 - 1 Game - $9.99 per Game

eBay
$211.32 - 19 Games - $11.12 per Game

Total
$382.33 - 226 Games = $1.69 per Game

831$ CDN (~640$ USD) this year, including an Xbox & Nintendos.

This year was my lowest for digital purchases by far. I binged big time on Gamestop’s 4 for 10$ sales. A bin full of those all sitting around unplayed.

In 2017 I bought Fallout New Vegas with all DLC for $10, and the latest X-Piratez mod for free. I also bought a few games on impulse for $1.49 each but I don’t remember what they were. Oh, and I bought Cuphead for $20 but I haven’t played it. So, maybe $35.