How Much of a Bottlneck is your PC experiencing?

Dafuk? Why the fuck would I trade clockspeed for cores? And an CPU 3 years older at that. And on a different (server) socket.

Intel Core i5-6600K @ 3.50GHz with GeForce GTX 1070 (x1) will produce 14% of bottleneck. Everything over 10% is considered as bottleneck. We recommend you to replace Intel Core i5-6600K @ 3.50GHz with Intel Xeon E5-2670 @ 2.60GHz.

Anyway it’s OCed up so nbd in the first place, but returning junk like that is a bad look. I think we can safely ignore this site.

EDIT: Yep, confirmed safe to ignore - clearly this is just pairing up benchmark scores with 0 context of actual workload.

Intel Xeon E5-2670 @ 2.60GHz with GeForce GTX 1070 (x1) will produce only 1% of bottleneck

Intel Xeon E5-2670 v3 @ 2.30GHz with GeForce GTX 1070 (x1) will produce 15% of bottleneck. Everything over 10% is considered as bottleneck. We recommend you to replace GeForce GTX 1070 with GeForce GTX 1080 Ti.

Y’all just jealous that my gpu and cpu found each other in this wide, crazy world of ours.

But yeah, the site is pretty goofy.

Yeah, its literally just matching up passmark scores. All of these have a passmark score of ~12200.

Meaningless.

Perhaps they bought a large stock of these to sell, is everyone getting this upgrade suggestion? :D

Maybe they’re gutting Blade Servers? j/k

Hahah, it’s not at all happy with my (early 2013) MacBook Pro. Suck it Bottlenecker!

Bottleneck detected: Your GPU is too weak for this processor.

Intel Core i7-4722HQ @ 2.40GHz with GeForce GT 650M (x1) will produce 100% of bottleneck. Everything over 10% is considered as bottleneck. We recommend you to replace GeForce GT 650M with Radeon R9 290X / 390X.

Same cpu, but with 10% overclock (you can set it in advanced settings), with a gtx 1080, produced the same bottleneck, 7%!
Edit: wait, I think my gpu has a factory OC… taking that in account, it’s morel like 9%.

Which isn’t very realistic… If you check enough benchmarks,you will see it should be a bigger number.
I think it’s more like 15%, in lots of the latest games.

I got 3% bottleneck, so I must be smart.

My old sandbridge I7 is apparently too powerful for my GTX670 (19% bottleneck). I am glad to see that my old hardware isn’t the weak point, just my graphics card which I replace every once in a while.

10%. My GPU (R9 290) is letting my CPU (i7 4770) down.

I’d love to change that, but GPU prices are ridiculous thanks to the goddamn miners.

Hah. Yes, my computer would be faster if I bought a GeForce GTX 1080 Ti to replace my 1070. If all computer components were free and available, maybe I’d do that.

I’m just happy that my crappy hardware isn’t too obsolete to even be on the list.

That’s not surprising given how they’re literally matching passmark scores for CPUs and GPUs which exist for basically everything in existence…

Which, again, makes this completely meaningless.

Yikes!

Heh, I think I’m good.

Its probably lower as I do have a small OC on the CPU.

Too many medical bills keep getting in the way of my planned PC upgrade. ~sigh~

edit - I find it funny that the program suggests a CPU that won’t fit my motherboard, lol. (1150 vs 1155)

Ooh fun! I had not noticed this thread before.

Seems to be the trend in this thread; we’re over-buying our graphics cards.

Not me apparently.