Hey guys, sometime soon Bruce and I will be orchestrating the QT3 Game of the Decade thread. Quarterlies of the Decade. Decadelies. I don’t know, you can’t trust me with puns, I’m a dad. Given the response to the poll I posted in the 2019 voting thread linked just below, it looks like we’ll be kicking it off sometime in the next 2 weeks or thereabouts.
I have some questions I’d like to ask all of you about how you want to do it. The polls are here for people who don’t like to post but still want to give feedback, and as an aggregate of people’s opinions. But please also post in the thread if you want with feedback on these questions as well as other things we may not have thought of.
- How long should the voting be open?
- 1 week
- 2 weeks
- 1 month
- How many games should we vote for?
- 1 game!
- 5 games
- 10 games
- 20 games
- How should we handle scoring? There are three different methods I can think of here. One is just like usual, where we rank the games from 1 to X, and then each vote assigns X+1-(rank number) of points. The next would be a flat scoring system, where order doesn’t matter. Every game gets 1 point for every vote it gets, regardless of its place on your list. The last is we rank the games and you have a pool of points and you can assign a number to each vote. So, let’s say for 5 games like in the quarterlies where everyone ends up assigning 15 points via their ranking, instead you could do “10 points for my number 1 pick, Kitty Panic, 2 points for my number 2 pick, and 1 each for the rest of these”. This scoring style is better with more points and more games in the list so you have more freedom, but is certainly more game-y. I think that’s fine because we’re gamers. If we do this there would be restrictions like “At least 5 games, at most 10. You can assign at most 20 points to any one game and a minimum of 1.” If people like this idea we’ll work out the details in the discussion below. If you have another idea, sound off below.
- Simple ranked
- 1 vote = 1 point (no places or ordering counted)
- Assign points
- I don’t want to leave you guys hanging
- Actually, even though it’s a QT3 tradition I really think the shitbonerz thing is dumb.
Please give us some feedback! :D Thanks all.