How the West was once again: the renaissance of cowboy games

Title How the West was once again: the renaissance of cowboy games
Author Tom Chick
Posted in Features
When November 23, 2015

We're a year and some change from the 20 year anniversary of Lucasarts' Outlaws. It's been over five years since Red Dead Redemption. Call of Juarez: Gunslinger was two years ago..

Read the full article

Would A Fistful of Gun and Skyshine's Bedlam make your Steam Curators list?

Adult Swim's Westerado is worth a look as well. An open world where you can pull your gun on anyone and see what happens, with a pretty clever find-the-mystery-man system at the center of it. And pixel-art graphics (I didn't mind).

Tom Chick has a curator list?!

Love these mini-reviews. More please!

News to me as well...
https://steamcommunity.com/gro...

Skyshine's Bedlam reminds me of another great game: Odium

Nice to see Fistful so well received - Kiwis make good again. ;)

I am so undecided on Hard West. It's so close to being right up my alley, but then I keep hearing that the RPG and campaign elements just aren't satisfying.

Also: hooray for Outlaws! A shame it's not more often remembered (and once more a reminder that LucasArts was more than licensed properties once upon a time).

Glad you mentioned that, marquac. I still plan to do a larger review of Bedlam, but, yes, I'll put both of them on my list.

I've had it pinned at the top of my twitter account for a while now. I have a Twitter account too, by the way! :) It's @qt3

Great article and I also appreciate the mini-reviews, although this is at least two more games into my backlog.

Also (puts Mercanis hat on), "Renaissance"

Ah, so I have played that. It lost me pretty quickly. I appreciate the idea, but it sort of plays like the side-scrolling version of a top-down JRPG. Not really my cup of tea. But very very Western!

Ah, I didn't realize that was made by Australians! Very cool.

j/k!

I'm currently playing New Vegas, and before that finished Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath so... something Western's definitely in the air. Nice to see some quickfire impressions too. A few of these I'd never heard of.

"how to copy a the latest trends"

*organises lynch mob*

A Fistful of Gun is 60% off on Steam this week as well.

And here I was thinking that westerns were few and far between.

Correction:
"for it's [sic] expected release"