How to get a 65 MB file to someone in the middle of a long car trip?

I’ve asked variations of this before, so apologies, but I’m in an airport and need a quick answer: I have a 65 MB MP3 file of a presentation that I need to get to someone who is driving to a conference. I have no idea if they have a dropbox account. Gmail has a 25MB attachment limit.

What’s the best/easiest way to get this file to them today? Thanks!

make a new dropbox/gdrive account and give him password?

Very fast, no registration required, and fully encrypted (if you send them a password via secure mechanism like iMessage).

If you’re both using Windows 10, you’ve got Onedrive.

Split the mp3 into parts and mail each seperately (with a .bat to reassemble, or a self-extracting multi-part zip).

Try a temporary free service like Expirebox.

Wow, that’s perfect! No catch? Just upload the file, it sends them a message, they download it from the site? It doesn’t email them to them?

The site emails them a link, they click the link and then they can download the file via their browser. If you decide to encrypt it they need to type in the password. That’s it, no registration needed.

That’s a great resource, owe ya one! Thanks.

There are a bunch of them these days. I like pCloud but there’s also Firefox Send (which does not require you or your recipient to use the Firefox Browser) and a couple others.

Expirebox seems even easier. Upload the file, and you send them a link. So you’re not entering other people’s email addresses into a website. :)

File expires in 48 hours. Up to 200mb.

Yeah, but pCloud lets you send files up to 5GB. I don’t need that kind of capacity very often, but it’s nice not to have restrictions.

If you don’t want to send them an email, I guess you can have pCloud email yourself, and then send them the link via iMessage or Signal or whatever.

Just discovered Expirebox will not allow you to upload a file with an MP3 extension.

Really? I henceforth withdraw my support!

FYI, if you have Dropbox, the recipient doesn’t need it. You upload to your Dropbox account, generate a share link, and they can download the file from the linked page without a Dropbox account.

I actually haven’t had to use one of these services in a while, but when I was they just kept dropping like flies. I was excited to read about Firefox Send because I figured it might stay around awhile, but maybe that’s not as much of an issue these days.

Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, every file storage site has means to share a direct link.

The answer is what ever is installed on your device and you already have set up, because I dont think you can have windows or android and not have one up and running, even if you are unaware of it.

Lol yeah I totally forgot that! :D

I’ve been using www.sendspace.com for years and it’s a very comfortable solution for me. Free version has a cap of 300 MB, though, but the shareable link stays live for 30 days.

You could just rename the file and tell the guy to rename it back.

I think Dropbox heavily pushes mobile users to install the app nowadays.

If you send a link, this is what you get when the recipient taps it. If you click the download button in upper right you can direct download the file.