how to pronounce chipotle?

Possibly, as loan words from other languages are generally handled on a case by case basis (resume, garage renaissance, etc).

I feel that Chipotle is more a case of there being an agreed upon pronunciation, but that some people who have never heard it said aloud just try to pronounce it phonetically (e.g. “gauge” pronounced as “godge” or “gouge”)

I was going to mention “Colonel”, but I actually have no idea what happened there.

Me neither, Leftenant.

I’m inclined to agree. It’s one thing to be correct, but I’d rather be wrong if it means I don’t have grind my conversation to a halt for the twentieth time to explain myself. I remember a lot of folk called Obama pretentious for saying it “pahk-i-stahn” instead of “pack-i-stan”? Or “ee-rawk” instead of “eye-rack”?

Did that happen in the '80s?

chip-ohl-tehay

As a fan of mispronunciation, this is an AWESOME take

No, no, no. Do not apologize for being objectively correct.

It’s not even hot. It should be called a smoke sauce. But it’s just so. Damn. Good.

Imagine millenial hand-clapping emojis in-between there.

I usually add sriracha as well when I want more heat. Nice combo.

You were so close to spelling Cholula Chipotle hot sauce.

Cholula Chipotle FUCKING SUCKS.

I bought a half-gallon of that devil diarrhea too. I like normal Cholula, which also isn’t hot but has good flavor, so I figured I’d give it a shot. Worst decision I made since accidentally buying a pallet of single-ply from Costco. It’s insipid flavorless brown piss.

Haha. I can’t stand regular Tabasco but i guess i’ll have to give the chipotle flavor a try one day.

I thought it had a great smokey flavor and actually tasted somewhat hispanic, but maybe that was the piss fooling me.

I like a good tomatillo sauce myself but you just about can’t buy it bottled anywhere, so i just get some from the grocers.

Cholula Chipotle has vaguely smokey flavor. But hoo boy, give Tabasco Chipotle a try. Your tongue will have an orgasm in your mouth.

Regular tabasco has its place. On oysters. That’s about it.

For salsa verde, try this site. They have everything. I’ve ordered from them for like 15 years.

Don’t get enticed into buying mexican candy. Mexican candy is TERRIBLE.

De La Rosa Mazapan is like literally the diamond in the pile of coal that is Mexican candy. The rest of it is waxy and weird, but try the former at least once.

Well maybe not diamond. More like garnet.

Sure, if you like marzipan, which means you are almost certainly a serial killer.

Ooh, they have Oaxacan string cheese / mexican mozzarella.

A taco place by my house sells quesadillas made with oaxacan string cheese and they’re fantastic, so I’ve been looking for it at various grocery stores, but haven’t been able to find it locally. There are a couple of spanish markets around that I could probably try, but this might be easier.

So if i said i buy these at least once a month, how many crimes should be guilty of?

There exist tamarind flavored candies that are interesting bordering on good. And selz is good.

Deus mio, that is exactly the type of terrible mexican candy I’m talking about. Like, salty tamarind.

@Enidigm: Anyone that enjoys marzipan tortured small animals as a child. I stand by that statement as unequivocally true.

Tamarind candies taste like Michael Douglas waking up in a coffin in Mexico.