how to pronounce chipotle?

ca92d0cc94f352d232dbafb9a1c7e7ac--racoon-marzipan

I’ll have to try that sauce. My favorite is Tobasco Garlic Sauce. Unfortunately, it’s hard to find in the local grocery stores. When I was a bachelor I used to get the glass gallon jug bottle straight from tobasco every time they had their annual free shipping sale, and then pour it into a regular Tobasco bottle to make consuming it easy. But my wife will not have that in her kitchen, so I haven’t had it since I got married.

Yeah they only sell it by the gallon, which is way too much for me. I only go through half a gallon of the chipotle per year, of course in conjunction with many other much hotter sauces.

Nice website, thanks from me. The evil eye from the wife. :)

Spend $60 for free shipping!

But $60 is a lot of hot sauce!

What have I done

But. Is it too much hot sauce? Research must be done. The wife must be consulted and ignored. The couch must be slept on. Gladly.

I’m not sure that something whose primary flavors are sour, spicy, and salty should even be called a candy, but tamarind candy is the bomb. I have some made in a pueblita in Michoacan that’s so intense I can only eat a little at a time, plus the abuela who made it leaves the seeds in so it’s also dangerous and messy. I think this is the Jepson’s Malort of candy.

How do you guys get the blood stains out of your underwear?

I’ll tell you my secret. Here’s a hint. It rhymes with ballways conando!

Spanish pronunciation is easy, but for hipster cred, you’ll want the Nahuatl chilpoctli (pronunciation: t͡ʃiːlˈpoːct͡ɬi)

Also in case you were wondering about fajita

Does anyone else remember fondly reading reviews on bad-candy.com?

https://web.archive.org/web/20080912054806/http://www.bad-candy.com:80/candies/chacachaca/

If you pronounce “Guacamole” like “gwaka-mole” and not “waka-mole” i will … do something in protest.

OTOH when i become Emperor of Mankind i’m sending the B-1s to take care of Austin. Not because of their liberal values, which i share, but because 1) The Domain (fuck the Domain) and 2) They pronounce “Manchaca” as “Man-chak” and “Guadalupe Street” as “Gwad-a-loop”. Cleansing fire is too good for them.

Best breakfast tacos in the world, though. Can you live with yourself?

~DRAWS A BIG LINE IN THE SAND~

Pistols at dawn, Stusser.

Kidding. I prefer El Yucateco Chipotle. It’s thicker and less heat, which is something I prefer for actual chipotle flavor. It’s thick and smokey with an underlying smoked pepper taste that mixes really well into things I add it to. I’ll take one mark off for being a tad too thick, but that’s the same mark I’d take if it was too thin as well, so I’m probably Goldilocks when it comes to how thick I like my hot sauces. This sauce though reminds me of if I took a can of chipotles in adobo sauce and pureed it with a blend of jalapeno based hot sauce. That’s the whole point of chipotle sauce, smoked jalapeno, but there is a fine line with how much balance you want with heat and smoke. This one is very tasty.

I haven’t had that one in a while but I remember it as being more than decent. Bufalo Chipotle is what I have in the cupboard though.

I find the el yucateco to be a bit too sweet, personally. Have not tried Bufalo Chipotle, their normal roja sauce is a good generic mexican hotsauce though.

I do love el yucateco red and green. Delicious medium-heat sauces, not sweet at all.

It is a touch sweet, or at least there is a sweeter flavor that is hard to place. I usually have their red, green and chipotle sauces as my go-to stuff here at the house, despite having waaaaay too many other sauces I should use.

So this brand is good? I wanted to try marzipan recently and ordered this one, it’s horrible: