how to pronounce chipotle?

Niederegger is pretty dry. I like it but it has a bit too much of a “almond extract” aroma and not enough chocolate.

Ritter has a much higher chocolate to marzipan ratio and the chocolate is pretty good. Honestly it’s one of the better commercially available ones. I got some especially awesome marzipan once from Strassburg but it was tres expensive.

You guys are crazy. I eat just about everything and love sweets and I’ve tried some really good German/Belgian chocolates with it but I’ve never been able to stand marzipan. What am I missing?

My guess is you weren’t trapped in a storage container and forced to watch your mother being murdered as a toddler.

Suffering.

I also love black licorice. When i visited Iceland and learned they sold cheap black licorice candies in every convenience store i knew i was home.

They have black licorice AND marzipan candies. Together. At the same time. Truly the home of the old gods!

Oh, now I get it. You just like the taste of gross things.

Thanks!

:P

Explains why Nordic folks are usually skinny.

Jumping for joy all day long?

No it’s just they don’t have any good candy so they never eat it.

Edit: case in point - salted licorice

Marzipan is good when it’s smooth and sweet enough. Some brands deliberately go for grainy or bittersweet, like halva, and I really don’t see the point. Also, black licorice is great, but salting it is silly. Still, ordinary salted licorice is not nearly as bad as the ghastly Swedish salt or pepper candy, which is literally rock salt or black pepper crystallized with sugar. Horrifyingly bad stuff.

chi-pote-lee

Chee-poht-leh

Salt licorice is gross…except then after I’ve eaten it, I have a weird craving for more.

I also really like Chinese dried salted/sour prunes though, so I might just have a tolerance for those flavors that some people don’t.

Oh yeah, those salty sour sweet prune things are good. In a bad way.

Get a bunch of those prunes, at least a dozen. Unwrap them, put into say a Mason jar, then cover with baijiu, we use the Kweichow Moutai brand but it’s super pricey. Let it soak for at least a week at room temp, if you can hold out longer, go for it. It gives a wonderful flavor to the liquour, and the prunes a very nice kick and buzz when consumed.

Oh right. Chee-po-tow-uh-lay. :P

Chih-poht-lay.

I have never had this.