how to pronounce chipotle?

It’s Chinese vodka, basically, often made from sorghum, although the production process is different from vodka. It’s fairly difficult to find in the US, unless you go to a liquor store in Chinatown.

I actually started experimenting with baijiu recently, but despite it being one of the largest consumed spirits in the world by volume, there is precious little information about it in english. It has a very distinct flavor and burn that many people seem to hate. I think it’s just an acquired taste.

I’ve seen people put the plums in Shaoxing wine, but not baijiu, but then the Chinese side of my family we’re never big drinkers.

Ok I finally tried the marzipan, it came via slow boat from jolly ol England. It is acceptable. Much better than the other brand. I wish it was milk chocolate instead thought. I am not one of those people who have fallen for the lies that dark chocolate is good for you. I know it’s unhealthy, so I might as well enjoy the taste.

should have ordered the chipotle-flavored marzipan

Clearly it’s Chip O lay

Saw this recipe and thought of this thread.

Tamarind is awesome

I’ve been meaning to try it since these series of posts, but I kept forgetting to buy it. I was at Walmart the other day, only grabbing a couple of items, and I suddenly remembered. I ran down to the hot sauce aisle and grabbed the Chipotle Tobasco.

Wow, it’s really different. Definitely a smoke sauce. It tasted really great in the chicken soup I added it to, and also the cauliflower curry I added it to. Looking forward to trying it on everything!

Try adding it to eggs then scramble on a very low fire so they’re extremely soft. Serve with a quesadilla. Amazing.

I have been corrected on the pronunciation of this lately. The official pronunciation from corporate America is . . .

CHIP-POAT-LAY.

or

CHIP-OAT-LAY.

Shy poodle.

Ki-poh-lay

Aristotle
Ate Chipotle—
Ate so much he died one day

Loved the guac, but
it was hemlock!
… wait, no.

Those are my mom’s favorite. The chocolate is good and the marzipan is usually moist compared to a lot of stuff that sits on the shelves forever.