How would you feel about a Star Trek movie from Quentin Tarantino?

I thought it was a Burt Reynolds movie. oh, wait.

Yeah, but they could just recast that classic Burt Reynolds movie, rewrite it and ship it out the door. It’s not like it is a beloved, age old franchise which had a hand in largely writing the pop culture we experience today, or anything… You know, an iconic, zeitgeist of a genre, or something.

Oh heck. Speaking of Zeitgeists, It’s Tuesday night! I gotta finish The Menagerie and do a write up on that and The Corbomite Maneuver in the Star Trek TOS thread (I am behind by one)!

Good news, @Navaronegun! Maybe not so good for me:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/report-star-trek-4-might-be-shelved-1831580791

Note that this is not the Tarantino Trek film that still may or may not be on the way. I just figured we probably don’t need another Trek thread.

Tarantino is a perfect fit for the Smokin’ Aces franchise. Shame. It made bank.

I’m guessing that the whole Star Trek: The Smoking Aces-ening is over and done. They had a window there where things might line up but I’m thinking it’s probably closed. Maybe if Tarantino makes a big enough stink it can still happen.

Well that’s sad. I loved Beyond.

Yeah, Beyond was pretty good. Tragic waste of Idris Elba, but nobody bats a thousand I guess.

I know…to hide that pretty face behind all that makeup…

I mean…what?

Hey, he’s one damned good lookin’ dude. Ain’t no shame. But the movie also didn’t really give him a whole lot to do.

I didn’t realize there was anything there to love.

Not my fault you have no joy in your black heart.

All right all right all right - not everybody likes new Trek**, we don’t have to re-fight this battle.

** some people are weird, it’s not their fault

I like the nu-Trek cast. (Especially Zoe Saldana <3) But only the third movie feels like real Trek. And only for a while.

I agree. He’s got a suave charisma and confidence. No shame in admitting he is definitely a good looking man.

And @YakAttack I’m always ok with more Zoe Saldana.

I hear they have heart issues.

My heart is black as night.

I love that video so much.

Oh hey look what arrived today!

Is Kirk being… tentacled?