Human Shield Rethinks Position

Pretty amazing:

http://www.portal.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2003/03/23/do2305.xml&sSheet=/opinion/2003/03/23/ixop.html

That’s about the funniest story I’ve ever read.

It takes some sand to stand up and say you were a total idiot. I respect him for that.

What part struck you as humorus?

Gee, I realized all that without having to paint a big red ‘idiot bull’s eye’ sign on my ass.

I must say though, it has given me a bit of insight of what America must look like to the Iraqis. It’s a good feeling to know that we are on the side of good, and that these strangers have faith in America to help them even through the huge amount of propaganda.

Well, one liner? It hadn’t occurred to anyone that the Iraqis might actually be pro-war.

Paragraph? Last Thursday night I went to photograph the anti-war rally in Parliament Square. Thousands of people were shouting “No war” but without thinking about the implications for Iraqis. Some of them were drinking, dancing to Samba music and sparring with the police. It was as if the protesters were talking about a different country where the ruling government is perfectly acceptable. It really upset me. (it really upset him. poor guy)

Situation? Perhaps the most crushing thing we learned was that most ordinary Iraqis thought Saddam Hussein had paid us to come to protest in Iraq. Although we explained that this was categorically not the case, I don’t think he believed us. Later he asked me: “Really, how much did Saddam pay you to come?”

Should be required reading for all anti-war protesters.

Cool article. Definitely have to give the guy some respect. Makes you wonder if someone like Sean Penn ever got that kind of alone time with non-government Iraqis? And if he did would he have the balls to say he was wrong? I don’t expect the regime would have allowed that, he was simply to high profile and his time would have been very closely managed.

It does show you how misguided and naive the hard core peace types can be. It’s like that women from the MP3 with the supposed Iraqi. “I don’t think the people of Iraq want to have bombs falling and killing them.” Yeah, but I think a large majority of them are perfectly amenable to Saddam and his cronies taking a JADAM up the ass. (presumable while sleeping on his stomache)

Sorry for the nitpick, but you mean JDAM (Joint Direct Attack Munition), but in your defense, it is pronounced “jay-dam”. There’s a reason that I can’t stand to watch JAG with my wife… :roll: :roll: :roll:

I’m sure they’re working on something to account for the possibility he’s laying on his back.

Maybe a smaller munition to go up the urethra? I can see it now:

Red Leader-
“Naw, no good. It just exploded on impact.”

Dude, that is the JADAM… Joint ASS Direct Attack Munition.

Another interesting link related to this topic. (This time I actually read it before posting)

It’s another human shield who changed his mind after hearing horror stories.

I definately haven’t changed my mind yet, and don’t believe for a minute that Bush is waging this war to free the iraqi people… BUT if stories like this hold up, maybe the end will justify the means.
We’ll see.

You’d think they’d do the research before they go. Geez.

After reading the second article: ‘They were willing to see their homes demolished to gain their freedom from Saddam’s bloody tyranny. They convinced me that Saddam was a monster the likes of which the world had not seen [color=darkred]since Stalin and Hitler[/color].’
HA! See, I was right! Straight from the horses mouth! Saddam is Hitler!You owe me an apology Tom.

Don’t be so naive, Peter. He’s just saying that to get the American people to bomb his house! ;)