Humans on AMC

Arise, O Thread!

So Season/Series 3 had a hell of an opening episode. Holy buckets (!), as I gather they say in the American Midwest.

Yes indeed. This show just keeps getting better.

I just watched the Season 3 finale (yes I’m watching the UK-aired episodes before I’d get them in any case on AMC). Wow, I sure hope that there’s a Season 4 on the way.

I got really bored after episode 3 or so of this latest season and stopped watching. My partner continued on and insists that the last 2 episodes were great and saved them for me to watch, but meh, I can’t be bothered.

And I thought the whole season was great except for the ending.

I’m really not a fan of the magic-child-to-save-the-world trope — see Bladerunner 2049, Christianity I guess. It never makes any sense to me, given human psychology, especially in the contexts in which the trope usually manifests. Such a child wouldn’t be a beacon of hope. It would most likely be killed as an abomination by some humans first type. Also, what if, a la Preacher, it turns out to be a dickhead? I have some faith that Humans would treat the issues with complexity, but I’m not sure I want it to even try.

OK, by the ending you’re referring only to the last scene between Sam and Stanley where they’re playing hide and seek? If anything in the confrontation before between We Are People err, people and the surprisingly numerous surviving synths, Sam was the catalyst for the fight that ensued, which culminated in Mia’s death.

I guess I didn’t see the intended momentousness of that scene. Maybe I need to rewatch–it was late.

No, I mean the whole situation with Niska and Odi/V, and Mattie’s baby. Pretty much everything in the last episode other than Basswood.

Oh right, that. /slaps forehead. Yeah, I take your point there. And Niska/Odi/V… we’ll see what happens and whether they can be prevented from turning into Skynet.

It also doesn’t make much sense. If human blood and synth blood “mixing” creates some kind of magical variant, why has no one noticed this before?

And will Matty’s baby be born with circuits in her head?

Bad news.

Damn, bad timing in my part, I just watched the pilot episode recently with my wife (and liked what I saw). For those that have kept up with the show, does this show resolve storylines well enough to watch the rest?

I definitely think it’s worth watching even wtihout a S4 renewal. With the exception of one plotline toward the end of S3, the other plot lines are wrapped up fairly well.

Great, thanks

Ah well, I’m a lot more broken up about no Season 3 for Counterpart.

Fairly sad about the news as this is so much more interesting an exploration of the concept than Westworld, but on the other hand they’d eked about as much as they could out of the story arc (see my disappointment withe season 3 ending).

Resurrecting this thread since @Tomchick confessed to a Gemma Chan obsession on the podcast. Watch this show if you haven’t, Tom! It’s great even aside from Chan.

Thanks for the bump! I actually had this on a list of stuff queued up, but like so many other things on the list, I’ve forgotten entirely why I wanted to watch it. I’m now writing “Gemma Chan rowr & Ginger Yellow rec” next to it as a note. I will definitely report back. :)

-Tom