Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Yeah, weird. Operator-ish error. Six month ended in October and auto-renew kicked off in December. No idea why it would skip November. I’ll ask them directly.

Well, that bundle had to be bought by the last Tuesday in November, right? The deal is always, it’s revealed on the first Tuesday of the month, has to be bought by the last Tuesday of the same month. Did you pay for it purposely or get auto-billed for it on that last day?

Now you’re making me paranoid. Gotta make sure I go back and redeem some stuff at least to give away.

BTW I just redeemed stuff from the September bundle. Mine is a month to month plan since 2017 if it makes a difference. Last two bundles I bought were September and December.

Speaking of December’s games, is First Class Trouble multiplayer only?

Games are being removed from the choice app thingy in two weeks.

• Dodgeball Academia
  • Flynn Son of Crimson
  • Forager
  • UNSIGHTED
  • Void Bastards
  • Wizard of Legend

Some of them are worth playing.

And once they’re gone for the App, you can’t play them anymore, apparently these games stop working when they leave the app.

Boo… Maybe they said this was going to happen, but I wasn’t expecting games to leave the Humble app service.

What’s this app y’all are talking about?

There’s no way my redeemed Steam copy of a game is going away, right?

Or are you talking about the famous “Vault”?*

*Trove, I mean.

It’s like a small gamepass that goes together your bundle of owned games, in other words.

It is. Just a small bonus for staying subscribed to the bundle for that month so people have a reason to stick around even when not interested in any of the games. Same reason they give a discount on the store too.

I’m really curious how many people even bother with the Humble app, as a portion of their subscribers. I get that it’s a nominal value add but, honestly, I’ve never given it a second look.

The app? Hell, I can’t remember the last time I installed a game from Humble Bundle, much less played one! It’s all just adding to my not particularly short backlog. He who dies owning the most unplayed games wins, right? That’s how it works?

I certainly don’t have the app. And I noticed last time I had Prime that Amazon was giving away some games using a different service, so I didn’t even bother getting those games because I wasn’t going to download yet another service.

The Humble Collection, AKA Humble App, AKA Humble Trove/Vault, does have some nice titles in it, but many of them are games you probably already own through other sites (especially Epic’s giveaways) and previously purchased bundles. Also since access to the Collection/App/Trove/Vault requires you to remain subscribed to Humble Choice, it’s more like a $12-per-month PC Game Pass featuring mostly indie titles. Meh.

For me, Humble Choice and the occasional Humble Bundle have always been, and will remain, a good value way to add games I am interested in to my Steam library. I have zero interest in yet another launcher/app that I need to keep track of, even less so in one that has a monthly cost associated with it.

You said it! It was already annoying enough to have to deal with the stupid app, but I definitely don’t have the time or inclination to play games on the schedule HB dictates by removing things at random. I want to play Unsighted! This is why I don’t have Gamepass anymore!

The Humble Trove is one collection of games made available on the Humble App by being a Choice subscriber, but there are a bunch of more recent Humble-published games as well. I played Signalis on the Humble App last month. I’m going to try Ghost Song at some point. There also Next Space Rebels, Hat in Time, Chinatown Detective Agency… not even counting the ones that are going away soon.

Last month I got charged for the bundle. It was the first time I had forgotten to pause. I got the refund. This time I remembered to pause, damn it. I’m 99% sure I went through the whole thing where it offers me $4 off and I still chose to pause.

But I just got charged $11.99 again. Arrgh. Maybe it’s not worth being a member if pausing is not going to work properly.

I just got a notification of them charging me and I did the same thing. I always check when the thread is updated and pause then if there isn’t anything worth taking. I’ve had this happen before, but you are 100% that it’s annoying as fuck.

They make you confirm you really want to pause like four times. If you peace out at any point it’s very possible to think you paused when you didn’t. Scummy.

Yeah, I don’t know how some of you guys keep getting charged when you’ve paused. I never have been. Of course I also make sure I get a confirmation email acknowledging that I’ve paused. In my case it was just last Tuesday.

Maybe the fact that I tend to Pause late in the cycle helps?

You might be onto something, as that’s what I do as well, and have always gotten my pauses to take on the first try.

I did pause much earlier than usual this time, so maybe it was that.