Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Dungeon of the Endless Key: B6WCP-XT7J8-JJQDA

Call it if you grabbed it.

Calling it.

Jesus make a different thread for humble bundles, this is just demeaning

This is the ironic hipster thread for Humble Bundle ;)

I actually only owned Dungeon of the Endless from this bundle, and was somewhat to very interested in some of the others…

…but the real star here for me is that Cat Girl Without Salad actually exists now. The game was originally an April Fools’ Day joke from a few years back, and I was rather sad to see such an absurd-looking genre mashup be a joke on a dumb “holiday,” so it being a real game I can actually play makes me very excited.

Unlike most of you, I’ve been very satisfied with my Humble Monthly subscription from month one. The service has been one of the few bundles available anymore that actually delivers consistent quality and value. It’s much better than the regular Humble Bundles, which have explicitly been repeating themselves several times over the past couple of months, or any of the other bundle sites, which just bundle the same handful of low-quality indies and lower-quality non-indies (looking at you, X-Blades) over and over.

The thing is, when you bundle a bunch of popular, high profile games it’s a great value for people who don’t buy a lot of games because they get a bunch of cool stuff for a low price. But people who are following games and regularly buying them already own that stuff. It’s lower profile, more marginal games that actually make a good bundle for someone like me because you can try games that may turn out to be gems without risking even $5 individually on them. (Though I will admit that a lot of recent Indiegala and Groupee bundles have included nothing I’ve ever heard of or have any real incentive to be interested in, or if I have, it’s usually junk.)

The newest staff picks bundle ends in a little over 1 day.

Soul Axiom and Bulb Boy were added to the middle tier.

Anything in the bundle that you would personally recommend?

I played a bit of snake bird and like it (its a puzzle game).

Hand of Fate has tons of praise on Qt3, I haven’t installed it yet.

I played a bit of Craft the World when it was released, and bought the $10 tier to gift my copy from this bundle to a friend.

Overall this is one of their better bundles at $10. The cleanup game looks fun , in a relaxing sorta way.

Absolute Drift is a decent diversion to try a different take on a driving based game.

Hand of Fate got too much praise in my opinion. The narrator is great, but the battles are substandard - maybe like Victor Vran but less snappy and satisfying. Some of the text choose your own adventure things are interesting. The “shell game like” system for event resolution can be tense and exciting, and skill can carry the day and overcome the odds which is satisfying too. Later levels also give the player some crazy penalties to overcome.

I haven’t tried the rest yet, but I hope to get some enjoyment out of Craft the World and Deathtrap. I’ll make sure I give Snakebird a go since lordkosc gives it the thumbs up.

Deathtrap is a fun li’l game, a bit in the vein of Orcs Must Die (if you got a coop buddy, expect to spend a lot of hours in it ;).
Didn’t care for Hand of Fate, which I found to be gimmicky and shallow as too many Steam’s indie success stories games can be.

The real star for me is Snakebird, a game which I am surprised it is put in the single buck tier. It is a bunch of hand-crafted real puzzles. I have yet to get back to it, but I only had managed to beat half the levels, as they were too devious for my little brain. Edit: A bit more details in this old recommandation.

As the OP I’ve asked the Mods to change the title 3 times now with no success, so I’m resigned to the ironic hipster way of life within.

Once we complete the move to Discourse, you can edit it yourself. Finally.

Wendelius

Done!

Congrats!
So for the …

July Humble Monthly

Hurtworld: I enjoy survival games, but I’m not big on MMO’s these days.
Kentucky Route Zero: looks weird, and it was sitting on my wishlist. I don’t know WHY, but it was.
Satellite Reign: looks fun, also sitting on my wishlist.
TIS - 100: self described as “It’s the assembly language programming game you never asked for!” Might be boring, but if someone had the guts to say that then they deserve at least 15 minutes of my time.
The Red Solstice: could be interesting, could be blah.
Avernum 2: Crystal Souls: this was also on my wishlist. Poor graphics, tons of depth.
Cthulhu Realms: a card game in the Cthulhu universe. Why not?
And then a straight-from-Humble download -
Copoka: a game about a bird in a totalitarian city. People refer to it as a “minigame” but it seems interesting.

Kentucky Route Zero is wonderful.

Good to know, actually - I have so many games that wait for ages in my library, but good word of mouth puts them up front. Thanks! (and also for not spoiling anything in the game)

Ah there is one caveat - it’s not finished. They’ve released 3 of 5 chapters. The next one is out soon, but they complete about one a year :)

Agreed that Kentucky Route Zero is great, though I’m holding off finishing 2 and playing 3 until 4 or maybe 5 is done too. Otherwise I just forget too much between them.

Got a mail where they announced XCOM2 40% Humble bundle DRM Free Sale.
Except XCOM2 is Steam with online machine authentication, so how can it be DRM Free?
Was kinda looking forward to grabbing it.