Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Hitman 2 is the most confusing product I’ve seen on Steam. You can get in an infinite loop just clicking to find out its contents.

I paused this month, I already have all the good stuff

It’s really bad. I think I own everything from the first and second games, but I’m actually not sure.

Not the best bundle for me this month. Opus Magnum and GRIS are both great games, but I already own them. Definitely interested in Truberbrook and Driftlands, so hopefully one or both of those will pay off. And I am very curious about Hitman, but it’s one of those games that I always say I’m going to check out, but never feel in the mood to actually sink time into (see most of the AAA games that I get through these bundles–just takes too much energy to make any progress!).

Hmm, if I didn’t already have Hitman 2 this would be a no-brainer, but the rest of it isn’t really speaking to me. The Zachtronics games look way too hard to figure out (I’m giving Exopunks a chance from last month’s bundle because I hear it’s the most accessible), and the only other one that looks good and I would have eaten up in an earlier life is the Bard’s tale one, but man, RPGs are such a time sink.

So probably a skip for me.

Opus Magnum has a great tutorial. It was the only one of theirs I quickly understood.

Would be a strong bundle if I didn’t already have Hitman 2, Opus Magnum, and Bards Tale IV
Molek-Syntex : want
Driftland : Kinda want
Capitalism 2 : Kinda want
Raiden V : Hmmmm, maybe
This is the Police 2: maybe
Gris : Probably not my thing
Truberbrook : probably not my thing
Shoppe Keep 2 : Probably not my thing
Turok 2 : Don’t want
Hitman 2 : Good, but already have
Opus Magnum: Good, but already have
Bard’s Tale 4: OK, but I already have

I should ask this every month: what two games do y’all think are best to skip?

Shoppe Keep 2.

The ones I have experience with are good. The ones my gut tell me I wouldn’t like the most are:
Shoppe Keep 2
Turok 2

I snagged all but Bard’s Tale 4 (Game Pass) and Truberbrook (own it already). The rest filled out my Steam library a little bit.

For Hitman 2 it is the paid version with the Hitman 2 levels. You’ll get the Hitman 1 levels as Hitman 2 DLC if you have the recent Hitman game on Steam. They’ll show up as ~36GB of DLC automatically after you log into Hitman 2 and connect to their servers. They check your Steam purchase history for this.

so if you haven’t played hitman 1 but own it, should you just uninstall 1 and play the hitman 2 versions of the first games levels?

I’m sure someone out there believes the Hitman 1 levels are superior, but I found very little difference. They get a nice graphical upgrade in the newer Hitman 2 engine plus the developers went back and added things like bushes to hide in, which were new in Hitman 2. Overall it just makes the levels feel a little more interesting.

I’m out for the second month in a row. I’m disappointed that I have to pass again.

Although it’s a decent mix of games this time out, I already own Bard’s Tale IV (which is fantastic) and the only other game in the mix that really catches my eye is Driftland, which I can pick up on sale for less than the $12 price of the bundle (though I will probably just wait until it’s part of another bundle down the road).

So I have most of these. If I don’t pick any does that mean they don’t charge me?

You need to actually pause, otherwise you’ll get charged on the last Friday of the month (choosing them now makes the purchase go through now, instead).

Thank you. This is the first time I’ve ever paused my Humble Monthly.

Just make sure not to CANCEL.

Nononon, I paused, even though they gave me SEVERAL OPPORTUNITIES not to pause.

LOL - good job