Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Interestingly, when I went to claim my choices I was told “Thanks for being a loyal subscriber.” and given a key for Train Valley 2, listed under my April Choice bundle. So maybe they’re starting to do bonuses for not pausing?

As usual, I already own about half of the interesting stuff on that list. But the other half is way more than $12, so, still a good deal.

Great bundle, unpausing this month.

Wow your bonus game for April was train valley 2? That’s awesome. Is it the same for everyone?

Edit: I guess I could answer that question

Edit 2: yep, same for me

Was for me.

I might bite. Gladius looks cool. As is X-Com 2. What else is good on the list?

The grandfathered subscription is such a great deal. I just decide whether to unpause for a month, get my games if I want them, then immediately repause. It’s fantastic.

Hmm, this is a tough call. It’s a good bundle, but I already own Gladius (which is a highlight here), Niche (which I’ve struggled to get into, but looks cool) and XCOM 2 (which I’m not a fan of). I’ve been somewhat discouraged by gameplay and reviews of Jurassic World.

Can anyone speak to the other stuff here? Rise of Industry looks interesting. Sword of Ditto looks like it might be a litle Cat-Quest-ish, which would be good. Not familiar with most of the others.

That feeling when you already own 8 of the things in the bundle.

Jurassic World is better than people might expect. Of course, it’s the expansions that really make it.

Yeah Train Valley 2 for free is nice!

Ohhh an excellent month for me.

I got it for Gladius and a a pair of others, although I had XCom2 already.
It’s strangely focused on strategy genre, 8 of 12 are strategy games. Xcom2 mentions dlc but it isn’t the actual expansion that is the thing worth it. The chess game is just another chess game, people who are interested in playing chess surely have already a similar game, and for the rest, well I doubt it’s going to be picked a lot.
And finally, Horace was free on the EGS.

Ok, I thought I was going crazy, because I could swear they have given Xcom2 before…

yes, they did, more than two years ago:

Is this the first time they are repeating, without any excuse, a game already given in the monthly bundle? I thought they said they would never do that?

Definitively the quality of the bundle has lowered, since it was acquired by Ign.

Ah, but you aren’t required to pick up X Com 2. So they can freely double up on games now, as long as there are enough unique games to fill the limit.

I think I brought up this very point.

Called it!

By all means XCOM 2 alone (given that it includes all the dlc except for War of the Chosen) is compelling. Does 2K let you do the “complete your collection” thing with their games in case of a good Steam sale?

I’ve already got all things XCOM 2 so the only things of interest to me there are the Warhammer 40k game and maybe Rise of Industry. Probably will stay unpaused for those.

That’s always the catch isn’t? Will you be able to get the big discount of the bundle if you own some of the game.

Not owning many of these already, good month here too.

That’s where I picked up my copy. Don’t need another one, and nothing else on the list turned my head. I’ll probably pause this month.

Short answer : YES
Long Answer : Also YES ($12.28 for War of the Chosen plus Tactical Legacy DLC for owners of XCOM 2 and the two DLC included in the Humble choice)

How did you do that calculation, just wondering? Did you buy this bundle and not have XCOM 2 etc already?

Does one apply the 42% bundle discount to the prices of just the DLC?