Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Send them your Steam wishlist in an email. :)

The only game I have on the list is Planetfall, the original edition, though. Which I got as a gift.
I’m on the fence though. I already spent 28 dollars on games recently.

It’s empty actually, I don’t use that particular feature :)

But, there are games that I would like to play, and am expecting to show up in either humble choice or gamepass - Wreckfest, The Council, Walking Dead S3 or 4, Batman Telltale…stuff like that. Games I am not in a hurry to play, but would like to get to eventually. Lately Humble Choice seems very strategy-centric, which is great for a lot of people here, but my strategy games interest ended somewhere around Warcraft 3 and CnC Remastered :)

I was just thinking this. I love strategy games, but cmon, lets mix up the genres more!

I wonder if its easier for them to get higher profile strategy games in the bundles rather than other genres? Maybe something to do with - strategy gamers are a niche that buy the game early so they dont lose as many potential sales or something.

Hah, I was just about to say what a good bundle this is for strategy games. Fair point that that could maybe be said of other recent Choice months.

I had to be honest with myself and say that I wasn’t likely to play the grand strategy games, even if they’re great. I grabbed Battlestar, but not Planetfall.

Very happy that I held off multiple times on Railway Empire in the last year. Look forward to digging into that.

I actually really love it when theres many small interesting indie things with one big high profile release. That way I actually get through most things I want by the time the next month rolls around. I can’t meaningfully sample more than one strategy game in a month’s time!

I’m with you! Give me those quirky indie-things! Although I wish I could keep up with the throughput half as well as you seem to…

HA, that’s awesome! Not only Planetfall, but Void Bastards, Beat Hazard 2, and Welcome to Basingstoke from the people who brought us Revenge of the Titans, AND BSG Deadlock? OK, I’m going to have to check to see if the Pearly Gates are in view, because I can’t be seeing all this goodness at once.

Fan god damned tastic bundle. For other people. I own nearly everything there.

Amazingly, I do not own one game on that list. The ones I mentioned are the big draws for me but Sigma Theory also looks cool.

BTW, what’s the “Season One” stuff mean with regard to BSG Deadlock?

No one interested in the bonus game from June, Boundless?

…yea, me either.

I’m in on July for Void Bastards alone, the rest is gravy. Do agree with the above that it’d be nice to see more non-strategy games especially since it’s not a genre I’m big on.

So this should be called the @Papageno monthly bundle!

Pretty close. That’s a lot of titles that I’ve had my eye on for a while but never bought, all at once. After a series of months where I was all, eeeeh, because I already had the one or two I really wanted and the others I was either just vaguely or not at all interested in.

Cool! I don’t have Planetfall or Battlefield Starlock or whatever that thing is called.

Nice.

Gamepass is crushing the monthly bundle. The two big games here, AoW Planetfall and Void Bastards are both in Gamepass, right now.

Lorne Greene is turning over in his grave.

Game Pass was a great deal when I got multiple months for pocket change. I played a bunch of games that I would have either bought or would at least like to try. The recent additions are either ones I have or not interested in for the most part. I’ll probably wait until they have several I really want to play and then sign up again. When they have what you want to play it’s a super deal.

There are at the moment two “seasons” of DLC for BSG Deadlock, so this apparently includes the first of them.

I’ve already played Void Bastards and AoW Planetfall through PC Game Pass. Not sure if I want to own them on Steam too, gonna have to think about that.

Two things bug me about Gamepass though:

First, I like to own my games and not have to keep paying to play them. Also, sometimes they just go away. Yes they let you know but if I’ve bought the game, I know I can always come back to it.
Second, I hate the way Gamepass obfuscates the actual files/folders involved with a particular game on your storage device (SSD/HDD or whatever).